‘Tis the season to be jolly!
It’s also the season to over-indulge in maple-glazed ham, guzzle back the champers, and shop up a storm. Let it rain people, Christmas is all about giving after all!
With only a few weeks to go and plenty more spending to be done, we’ve worked our way around the stalls at The Village Markets to find Christmas goodies for all budgets; to spoil the guy, gal, or little one in your life. Accept the challenge folks—shop local and support the little guys this year!
1. “Jobs fill your pocket. Adventures fill your soul.” Amen Salty Atlas, amen. Inspirational wall prints by Salty Atlas start from $20 (A3 size, $30).
2. We could buy one of everything from Lokoa’s leather and bohemian goods stall at The Village Markets, but if we could only choose one? It’d be the camel Lehua leather wallet ($109), please and thank you.
3. Searching for non-tacky stocking stuffers or Secret Santa pressies with a limit of just 20 bucks? Drift Trading Co.’s delish 40-hour White Christmas candles are hand-poured in their Palm Beach kitchen, which sure beats paying double for the mass-produced brands. Only $20 each at The Village Markets.
4. Sliders are trending this summer, so just wait for the knowing smile of approval when she unwraps a pair of Ms. Mel’s ethically handcrafted, organic leather sandals. This beautiful tan JEMMA slide is $99.
5. For the dreamers and schemers, buy this hand-printed journal from Olive and Joy ($18) for all that thought vomit.
6. For the hard to please lady in your life, this delicate Moon Phase Seven Wonders silver necklace ($50) by Wild Heart Jewellery should do the trick.
1. Give David Jones the flick this year and spend your gift-giving dollars with an up-and-coming designer who’s put everything on the line to chase his dreams. You can’t go wrong with Nikke Horrigan’s Indian organic t-shirts, just $25 direct from The Village Markets.
2. You’ll be in the good books for weeks, no, years, if you leave a handcrafted Beyou wooden skate deck ($349) under the tree this Christmas. Long boards also available.
3. One of the coolest Burleigh-branded souvenirs and super lightweight to pop in the post, a classic salty-sea dog logo tee from The Lobster Shanty will set you back $50.
4. Protecting his delicate noggin’ can also be stylish, with help from a TFPR & Co. ball cap ($36.95), with plenty of matching styles available for kidlets.
5. For the dude well endowed in the hair department, this slick walnut and bamboo folding comb from The Bearded Gents Comb ($43) will keep their glorious mane in check.
6. Yearning for more picnics on Burleigh Hill this summer? Buying your man a suave Mexican Drifter blanket from Hattie ($89) is a subtle way to get the point across.
1. Okay, maybe you’ll appreciate this gift more than your babe. A cute addition to the nursery is their squishy cheeks and tooth-less grins on one of Imogen Stone’s custom-printed Mini Stone (10 cm x 10 cm) with mini easel from $35.
2. Handed crafted by local Jake Diaz, Have A Nice Day’s traditional wooden toys are aimed at little tykes from three to six years. Watch them click ‘em together and then let their imaginations run free. Monday The Plane is just $49.
3. Our heart melted over this adorable chambray playsuit by Little Drifters; starting at $30, it’s a darling gift for your babe, niece, or goddaughter.
4. If you can’t bear to dress your wee fella in baby blues or dinosaur prints, then you’ll want one of everything from Brave & Fearless. We’ve got our eyes on the Girls Are Pretty stone wash muscle tee; available sizes 000 – 8 and selling for $35 at The Village Markets.
5. At just $29.95 for the pair, these Ankle Biter leather moccasins by Dusty Child are perfect for your boho mini me.
6. Protect their precious nose with a cute lid from TFPR & Co. ($27.95) sizes available for babes through to teens, or even match with dad’s!
Need more reasons to support your locals this Christmas? We chatted with a handful of the talented creatives at The Village Markets.
Photo Credit: Pinterest