Ah adulting. You wonderful thing.
A whole new world of endless possibilities and opportunities, like getting to decide what you want for dinner, or even deciding not to eat dinner at all. It’s the time in our lives when we can finally make the decisions, call the shots, and are in complete and total control of our destiny.
And because we know that all of you, like us, are totes winning at life, we thought we’d round up a few of our favourite things that really make us feel as if we’ve nailed this whole adulting thing.
Get ready for group hugs and virtual high fives all round, you little legend you.
1. Wearing matching underwear.
2. Cooking enough dinner to have leftovers the next day. Remembering to take said leftovers to work.
3. Leaving the house with a fully charged phone, and remembering to bring your charger. Extra points if the charger actually works.
4. Affording to fill your petrol tank all the way up.
5. Knowing your car rego by heart.
6. Keeping receipts (and remembering where you put them) for tax time.
7. Going food shopping and using all of said food before it goes off in your fridge.
8. Saturday night, two per cent battery, ordering an Uber and having it arrive before your phone goes flat.
10. Actually being active in your activewear.
11. Having a six drink rule and sticking to it.
12. Your manicure lasting more than 48 hours.
13. Memorising your pin number like a boss.
14. Losing your phone, but having a lock on it.
15. Having at least one Aesop product in your bathroom (go for the hand soap: minimum expenditure, maximum visual impact).
16. Leaving hydralyte, water and two panadol by your bed before you go out and remembering to take them when you come home.
17. Having enough money to renew your license for five years.
18. Not having to lie about skills and experience on your CV.
19. Waking up to no awkward morning-after Facebook posts.
20. Only loading five drunk Snapchats instead of your regular 20.
21. Going to a farmers’ market and buying kale.
22. Knowing WTF to do with said kale.
23. Wearing matching socks, preferably your own. And keeping the excitement of this to yourself while in public.
24. Waking up at your first alarm so you can actually wash your hair.
25. When your day five hair can still pass thanks to half a can of dry shampoo.
26. A streak-free fake tan. Is it natural? No one can say for sure.
27. When your eyeliner is symmetrical and you’re like, no biggie.
28. Owning a Le Creuset.
29. Being able to cook something in your Le Creuset.
30. Ordering wine by names other than “house red” and “house white”.
31. Waking up on Sunday morning and knowing who you are, where you are, and who is lying next to you.
What did we miss? How are you nailing adulting like it ain’t no thing?
This article previously appeared on our sister site, The Urban List.
Photo Credit: The Urban List