Image credit: Casoni.
Here at The Urban List, we will take any excuse to have cocktail so luckily for us, Negroni Week is the perfect one!
Launched in 2013, Negroni Week raises money for charitable causes while celebrating one of the world’s greatest cocktails (drinking and doing good? We’re in!). So from the 1st to the 7th of June, participating bars and restaurants across Australia will donate one dollar from every Negroni cocktail or product sold to a charity of their choice.
If you’re reading this article wondering what the heck Negroni is (gasp!), then let us inform you that it is an incredibly delicious fusion of gin, Campari and sweet vermouth that was actually created by accident in Florence by Camllio Negroni back in 1920. This iconic drink has been a classic cocktail favourite (and a usual Friday afternoon drink for us at The Urban List HQ) ever since and has now raised a whopping $120,000 for charity! See you at the bar, Listers. #NegroniWeek
Here are some Sydney bars that are very generously participating:
- Palmer & Co: donating to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, LALTHAM Fund
- The Corner House: donation to National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Mad Pizza e Bar: donating to Sydney Children’s Hospital
- Barrio Chino: donating to the Australian Childhood Foundation
- Casoni: donating to Beyond Blue
- Bowery Lane: donating to Unicef Nepal Earthquake Appeal
For more information, head to the Negroni Week website.
Want more? Yeah you do. Here's our list of Sydney's best Negronis.