Ahh, Brisbane, you really went all out in 2016. You did you like no one else could. To wrap up a bumper year, here's a list of pretty awesome things that happened that we're just totally Brisbane.
- Apparently we all became vegans and loved it.
- Golden Gaytime Cronut Ice Creams took over our lives.
- We started carb-loading on the regs.
- Dog owners banded together in mutual admiration of their four-legged friends.
- Frosé became our most favourite drink, like, ever.
- Apparently we've got our shit together. #adulting.
- Brisbane got it's first ever Champagne festival. Because, fancy.
- ... And an entire day dedicated to desserts!
- Brissy even got an oyster festival.
- TBH, we went a bit oyster mad when this opened.
- The Apple gods finally took our conversations to the next level. Hello bacon emoji.
- Brisbane was a city divided on who makes the best cheeseburger in town.
- Oh, and we fell in love with arcade games again.
- Our dining scene has never looked more LIT.
- We do outdooer-sy stuff like no one else.
- Drinking at bars that aren't on rooftops is for chumps.
- Sir David is gracing us with his presence!
- We couldn't even handle Hogwarts rocking up.
- Turns out, 50c will get you next to nothing in this town.
- But we'll still spend half our annual salary on brekky!
This was our most read story of 2016.
Image credit: The Doughnut Bar