Yep, this is the list that’ll no doubt help you make the most of your day before your much needed summer break and, you know, once you’re back to that #werklyf (but at least you’ll have a tan?).
And what a way to kick-off summer—by ticking every one of these bad boys off before the season of good ol’ sunny beach days ends. Sure as anything, the below pre-work antics include all things early morning SUP-ing, wrapping yourself like a cocoon (because why not?) and cold-brew coffee mocktails!
Here are 19 things to do before work this summer
- Take a stab at a SUP class before you whack on your work gear and cry.
- Hit up any of these waterways for a pre-work dip.
- Run the Harbour Foreshore track in the Botanic Gardens. Alright you’ll probably just be grammin’ the view the whole time but whatever, you tried.
- Consume your body weight in butter croissants or chilled chia (if you’re about that life) at Jardin St James, it opens as early as 7am and has a beautiful garden!
- Change up your fitness routine and go for a swim sesh at Prince Alfred Park (no judgement if you happen to need every floating device ever—especially if it’s a unicorn).
- Set your alarm clock to the dark hours and watch the sunrise in any of these places.
- Cycle down at Barangaroo Reserve and don’t be stingy with the deodorant (just bring it with you for top-ups, seriously).
- And while you’re here, stop off at Shirt Bar because they have cheesy-mite toasties and yeah you want them even with the fiery gusts of summer winds.
- Wrap yourself in a cocoon and start your day right at Embody.
- Get that ass out of bed and do one of these epic coastal walks.
- And while you’re at it plug in and tune out to one of these genius feel-good poddies.
- Hit your social feed early and snap some lush AF flowers on one of these walks.
- Walk your dog (or someone else’s dog if you don’t have one—come on guys, we can’t come up with all the good ideas).
- Start your morning with a monster-sized bagel feed because bagels.
- Take a morning kayak around the harbour with your work mates.
- Stop by Dutch Smuggler for cold-brew coffee mocktails pre-work.
- Or make your own morning mango mash-up at home, it IS mango season after all.
- Make like a fit-chick (or at least half of one) and hit up one of these outdoor gyms.
- Just chuck a sickie and take a road trip here (you didn’t hear it from us).
Here are 50 more things to do in Sydney this summer.
Image credit: Caitlin Hicks