The Sunshine Coast lives up to its exuberant name… a majority of the time. But alas, mother nature does have its rainy outbursts every now and then, leaving us folk unsure what to do with ourselves.
While we all love a good Netflix binge, if you’re ready to make the most of your rainy day—here’s 28 things to do on the Sunshine Coast when it rains.
1. Chill out with a soy latte at VanillaFood in Noosa Junction, you’ll dig the ambience.
2. Participate in the Mooloolaba Hunger Games—also known as “eating your way around The Wharf”. One of the tastiest things to do on the Sunshine Coast, that’s for sure. We suggest starting with Rice Boi or newbie American-style eatery Ninth Street.
3. Flashback to the 90s and head to Caloundra Rollerdome for a few hours of rollerblading fun (or falling on your ass) or head over to Holey Moley and get your golf on.
4. Smash down a cheese toastie at Maroochydore’s Sol Bar.
5. Wallow in self pity because your tan is fading and then realise it's perfect weather for ramen! So head off to Umami Ramen and grab a big old hot bowl of love.
6. Be the Masterchef you’ve always wanted to be and attend a cooking class at The Cooking School Noosa.
7. Feel at home at The Velo Project, a converted garage-cafe that serves all the good stuff. We’re massive fans of the smashed avo.
8. Re-visit your old favourite Harry Potter book and down an espresso at The River Read bookstore.
9. Pamper time. Rain, what rain? You’ll feel as though you are in a tropical paradise at Ikatan Balinese Day Spa. Total, utter, bliss.
10. Grab your pals and head to Lamkin Lane in Caloundra for a rainy day treat—the brownies are to die for.
11. Drink your way through the menu at the Sunshine Coast Brewery. Even take some stubbies home with you for your Netflix binge refreshments.
12. Revamp your home with something other than K-Mart’s finest, with some new knick knacks from our favourite homewares stores on the Sunshine Coast.
15. Shop 'til you drop—or 'til you get hangry. Either way, there’s plenty of shopping to be done and food to be consumed along Hastings Street. So, just head in that direction.
16. Step back in time and attend a silent film at The Majestic Theatre in Pomona—probably best to leave the noisy snacks at home for this one.
17. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the downpour, you can top up your tan tomorrow. Remember Netflix was invented for days like this, so binge on the all the best movies streaming right now.
Still bored, have you checked out our latest roundup of the best new documentaries you need to watch?
Image Credit: Upsplash