Say what you want about normcore (the bad Mum jeans, the Seinfeld haircuts), but one thing we can thank it for is that sneakers have now become a legit and acceptable piece of footwear, appropriate at (almost) every occasion you can think of.
While you might need some serious fashion chops to pull off sneakers at a wedding, we do believe you can wear them every day of the week. Yes, we’re advocating sneakers at the office. And no, you won’t get fired.
With a luxe vibe, street cred for miles, and well-heeled fan base, Golden Goose is our pick of the sneeks. When styling, we take our foot cues from a few stylish ladies who aren’t afraid to rock the athleisure trend any ole time.
Monday | Power Lunch at GG Restaurant | Melbourne
Kicks are made for kicking goals, whether they’re in the office or on the streets. While power lunching at GG Restaurant make like Karlie and pair your white sneakers with a modern two piece in a fresh shade, and power accessories so they know you mean business.
1 & 4: Proenza Schouler Blazer, and Asym Pant at Green With Envy
2. Hardy Aimes Digby in Dark Tortishell, from One Point Seven Four
3. Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Metallic Fuchsia Leather Superstar Sneakers at camargue.
5. Scanlan Theodore Medium Raw Tote in Perla at Scanlan Theodore
Tuesday | Date Night at Sake, Double Bay
The good thing about sneakers is that they take the try-hard out of any outfit. And if there’s ever a time when you want to look like you don’t give a damn, date night is it. It girl Gigi knows a thing or two about sex appeal, and shows us how to dress up a pair of sneakers for a romantic evening. For dinner at Sake Double Bay, I-don’t-care-if-you-like-me jeans and a fresh pair of sneakers are the perfect foil to a form-fitting denim jacket and kissable pout.
1. Helmut Lang Stretch Micro Modal Top
2. J Brand Sonny Distressed Mid-Rise Boyfriend Jeans
4. Golden Goose Leather 2.12 Sneakers. Find Golden Goose at camargue.
6. Pierre Balmain Denim Jacket at Balmain
7. Kenzo California Leather Shoulder Bag
Wednesday | Lunch-hour Shop Sesh’ at Torsa | Melbourne
Step out in a matchy-matchy print set, this season’s hottest frames, and a rough and ready pair of your favourite sneakers when escaping the office for a sneaky lunch-hour shop sesh at Torsa. Stock up on said sneakers while you’re there. Cha-Ching.
3. Golden Goose Superstar Low Sneaker in Grey Metallics at camargue.
4. Rodin Olio Lusso Lip Balm
5. Prism Buenos Aires Sunglasses
6. Status Anxiety Gwyneth Black Cheetah
Thursday | Dinner With the In-Laws at Pizzeria Violetta
Olivia Palermo is living, breathing, shiny-haired proof that up-town prepsters can do sneakers too. Dinner with the in-laws at hot new Brisbane restaurant Pizzeria Violetta doesn’t have to mean pearls and a twin set—rock your leather skinnies, a lady-like coat, and a cute pair of print sneeks and you’re well on your way to familial acceptance.
1. Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Superstar Leopard Print Sneakers. Find Golden Goose at camargue
3. Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray at Mecca Cosmetica
4. Dion Lee II Unlock Apron Top
5. Saskia Diez Papier Weekender Bag
6. Scanlan Theodore Stretch Leather Leggings In Bordeaux at Scanlan Theodore
7. Chloe Cotton and Linen Blend Tweed Blazer
Friday | Cocktails Galore at BLACK Bar | Sydney
Cara ain’t afraid to work a pair of kicks at a bar, and you shouldn’t be either. Go full bad-girl at Sydney’s BLACK Bar in a band-tee, ripped skinnies, leather jacket, and a pair of Golden Goose sneakers in glam-rock gold.
2. Golden Goose Deluxe Slide Sneakers. Find Golden Goose at camargue.
3. Acne Studios Mock Leather Jacket
4. R13 Distressed Printed Cotton And Cashmere Blend Jersey T Shirt
5. Proenza Schouler Fringed Leather Clutch
Saturday | Trawling the Rose St Artists' Markets | Melbourne
Weekends and sneakers are a match made in lazy-girl heaven. Channel Alexa’s easy breezy look while scouting the Rose St Artist’s Markets in a ‘70s shirt, high-waisted cut-offs, and glitter-bomb sneeks.
1. AG The Saddle Shorts at Grace
2. A.P.C 70’s Cotton Shirt, at Grace
3. Le Labo Jasmine Perfume at Mecca Cosmetica
4. Golden Goose Glitter Fancy Canvas Sneakers in Black at camargue.
6. Deadly Ponies Mr Club Molten at Incu
Sunday | Brunch With Your Bestie at Merriweather Café
When dressing for brunch with your BFF at Merriweather, comfort is key. Slouchy cashmere, distressed short-shorts, and aviators to hide last night’s indiscretions are essentials.
1. Rag & Bone Valentina Cashmere Sweater, and Mils Distressed Cut-Off Denim Shorts
2. Linda Farrow LFuxe 28, $799 at One Point Seven Four
4. Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Black Polka Dot Sneakers at camargue
5. Mybob Hat at Samantha Ogilvie
Love this? Click here for more fashion inspo', whydontcha?
Image credit: Emma Gem