Recently opened—and very Insta-friendly—Bentleigh café Good Times Milk Bar are taking their burger obsession to a whole new level as they launch ‘Good Times Burgers’ from the Patterson Road window of the store.
Good Times has been serving up good times to Bentleigh residents since March, and there’s no chance of the team slowing down anytime soon.
For the uninitiated, you’ll find Good Times Milk Bar on the corner of Tucker Road, and Patterson Road occupying a former neighbourhood milk bar.
The pastel-coloured California-inspired café has a range of great food that they serve up from 7am-4pm daily. They’ve also got a well-stocked dedicated kids menu and a dog-friendly courtyard that will keep your pooch very happy.
Head chef Jason Kubasek—formerly of Pillar Of Salt, and High Society—has put together a burger menu that will definitely get local burger-loving tongues wagging.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Classic full of the usual suspects - Grilled beef patty topped with American cheese, lettuce, dill pickle, ketchup, American mustard & GTMB sauce.
- Double - stuffed with Double grilled beef patties, double American cheese, double streaky bacon plus all the extras.
- Picante GTMB Mexican inspired burger - Grilled beef patty, American cheese, tomatoes, red onion, kale, pickled jalapeno, crisp tortilla, dripping with green-goodness sauce, sour cream, Smokin J’s hot sauce, GTMB sauce.
- The Green GTMB herbivore-friendly burger - Green pea, quinoa & kale patty, tomato, green hummus, dill pickle, lettuce & green-goodness sauce.
- Seaside - beer battered fish, wasabi mushy pears, Kewpie mayo, Good-slaw, GTMB sauce.
- Chook - fried buttermilk chicken, Parmesan cheese, Good-slaw, geojackjang aioli, Smokin J’s hot sauce.
- Mini Classic - Mini cheeseburger and fries.
Good Times is also dishing up sides like beer battered fries, potato gems, parmesan truffle aioli fries, onion rings, ‘good-slaw’, buttermilk fried chicken, and jumbo pickles.
The Patterson Road burger window will be open from Thursday 28 June from 4pm, and Thursday – Sunday 4pm–9pm following.
To help kick it all off and get you on board Good Times Milk Bar will be serving up free burgers from 4pm-5pm on Saturday 30 June. Don’t miss that.
If you can't wait until Saturday and need a burger hit, check out our list of Melbourne's best burgers.
Image credit: supplied | Jake Roden