Forget schnitzel challenges, we’ve put together the only food-related quest you’ll ever need—the Melbourne Muffin Bucket List. We’ve searched the city high and low for the tastiest, most extravagant paper-wrapped mini cakes to ever walk these streets and come back with the only muffins you’ll ever need on your lips.
Here are twenty Melbourne muffins to tick off your list this year.
- The salted caramel and popcorn muffin at the CBD’s The Common.
- The chocolate and maple bacon muffin at Carnegie’s Left Field.
- The strawberry chocolate muffin at Deepdene’s The Providore.
- The rainbow muffin at Clayton’s St Ali’s Church Of Secular Coffee.
- The almond, berry and coconut muffin at Richmond’s Be The Duck.
- The banana, honeycomb and nutella muffin from Camberwell’s Santucci’s.
- The salted caramel, chai spiced pear and walnut crumble muffin at Coburg’s The Boot Factory.
- The blueberry and honeycomb butter muffin at Clifton Hill’s Dirty Apron Cafe.
- The caramel oreo muffin at South Yara’s Ichi Ich Ku.
- The Tim Tam, white chocolate, pistachio and caramel muffin at Armadale’s Street Talk Espresso.
- The raspberry and white chocolate muffin from Kensington’s Fruits of Passion.
- The banana and chocolate muffin from Carlton’s Stovetop.
- The mixed berry muffin at the CBD’s League of Honest Coffee.
- The choc chip muffin from Camberwell’s The Baker’s Wife.
- The raspberry, passionfruit and white chocolate muffin from Hawthorn’s Hello Sailor Cafe.
- The raspberry and white chocolate muffin from St Kilda’s Kotch Lane.
- The macadamia, white chocolate, banana and nutella muffin from Camberwell’s Light Years Cafe.
- The chocolate muffin from Hawthorn’s Axil Coffee Roasters.
- The raspberry and white chocolate muffin from Camberwell’s My Other Brother.
- Bonus Ultimate Muffin Challenge: if you’re up for the trek (and your tum’s up for the challenge) try the super choc on choc on choc chip muffin from Emerald’s Emerald Village Bakery and Cafe.