Yep, it’s time to expand your brain once again—MPavilion is back in 2018 with a ton of amazing talks, performances, workshops, installations, and cultural events. And best of all, all of the events are free.
Residing in Queen Victoria Gardens on St Kilda Road, this year’s MPavilion has been designed by renowned Barcelona-based architect Carme Pinós of Estudio Carme Pinós, and it'll be open from 9 October this year until 3 February 2019.
With more than 400 events happening over its run, it may be a little hard to find the right event for you, so we had the MPavilion team give us a rundown on 10 events that are definitely worth highlighting, check them out below.
- MTalks Melbourne Festival Presents “The Land On Which We Stand” | Tuesday 9 October.
- MTalks “The Art Museum In Flux “ with Sir Nicholas Sirota | Friday 26 October.
- MMusic Aftermath | Sunday 11 November.
- MMeets One Year of Yes Celebration with Joy 94.9 | Saturday 17 November.
- MMusic Bakehouse Sessions: Secret Rehersals | Sunday 16 December.
- MProject Fixperts Community Engagement Design Interview | 7 November – 21 December.
- MMeets RMIT Master of Fashion (Design) Graduate Showcase | Thursday 15 November.
- MMusic Alice Skye and Friends | Sunday 18 November.
- MMeets Christopher Boots Halloween Ball 2018 | Saturday 27 October.
- Ongoing throughout the festival you’ll also find great events like the Friday Night Fiestas, Morning Yoga with Happy Melon, dog walking adventures with Tom + Captain, and Quiet Mornings with A-Space.
What: MPavilion 2018 Program
When: Tuesday 9 October – Sunday 3 February
Where: Queen Victoria Gardens, St Kilda Road, Melbourne
For more info head to mpavilion.org.
Did you hear that Museum Of The Moon's giant Moon installation is coming to Melbourne? Read all about it here.
Image credit: Yarra Pools