Back for its third year, Sweet Set is about to blow the roof your afternoon tea expectations every on Sundays from mid-July until September.
Sweet Set this year will take on a duet format, with participating chefs collaborating on unique dessert menus.
Regulars of the series include Cobb Lane, LuxBite, Bibelot, and Fig & Salt, with the addition this year of Mörk, Penny For Pound, ex-Masterchef finalist Emelia Jackson, and Millstone Patisserie’s Alice Wright.
Tasting menus being served up are comprised of an 8-course sweet and savoury menu of signature pastries along with a Puncheon prosecco spritz, and your choice of Impala + Peacock tea, or Market Lane Coffee. Sittings are at 11:30am, 2pm, and 4:15pm.
Here’s who is at the helm on the upcoming dates:
- 14 July | Bethany Claire Cakes, Candied Bakery, Cherry Cakes, and Miss Ladybird Cakes
- 21 July | Don’t Lose Your Temper, and Tivoli Road
- 28 July | LuxBite, and Penny For Pound
- 4 August | Bibelot, and Emelia Jackson
- 11 August | Geoffrey Michael Patissier, and Cobb Lane
- 18 August | Fit & Salt, and Alice Wright
- 25 August | All Are Welcome, and Lisa Van Zanten
- 1 September | Mörk will fly solo
What: Sweet Set
When: 14 July to 1 September
Where: Grub Fitzroy (upstairs), 87-89 Moor Street, Fitzroy
How much: $69
For more information, click here.
Keep up to date on the latest food news around Melbourne on our weekly story, The Feed.
Image credit: Jana Longhorst