Another week, another three-level Japanese restaurant and sake bar from the team behind Chin Chin. Okay, so this week was a little special. Kisume opened for business on Flinders Lane, and Melbourne foodies went into meltdown. We took a peek inside the city’s first Philly Cheesesteak venue and rounded up the best vinyl bars and banh mi. All in all, life is good.
Here’s all the news from this week in Melbourne.
- The Lucas Group unveiled their game-changing three-level Japanese restaurant, Kisume, on Flinders Lane.
- We checked out Melbourne’s first Philly Cheesesteak restaurant, Sparrow’s.
- GABS kicks off today, and we rounded up the weirdest beers you can drink at the festival. Fruit Tingle beer is on the cards.
- World Whisky Day is set to take Melbourne’s bar scene by storm. Here’s all the events you should check out.
- The internet discovered rompers for dudes are now a thing.
- We rolled up our sleeves and tackled the 50 best cheese dishes in Melbourne. Someone’s gotta do it.
- Royal Stacks announced they’re opening an Uber-only burger bar – Flip City Burgers.
- Melbourne’s annual tea festival is set to make the Exhibition Centre smell AMAZING.
- We rounded up the best bars that play vinyl in Melbourne. Get spinning.
- Looking for a new workout regime? We found 5 that are guaranteed to make you cry.
- Day Of The Donut landed in all its sugary glory.
- In our weekly recipe series, we took a look at a traditional family favourite: Starbuck’s Unicorn Frappuccino.
- Last but not least, we checked out the best banh mi in Melbourne (let the flame war begin).
Oh yeah, we also checked out Melbourne's first vegan pizzeria. How do we al feel about this?
Image credit: Kisume