Guys, it’s already freaking July. Month of the Cancer sign (we love you, you sentimental sappy fools).
Here’s all the news you missed this week in Melbourne, while you were too busy watching clips of Gordon Ramsay and The Greatest Showman on Youtube. We get it, we really do.
- Pidapipo, as in the gelato wizards, are now doing four brand new gelato cakes on their menu—a chocolate and meringue Bacio Bomb Alaska, a Passionfruit Layer Cake Bombe, a raspberry and coconut Lamington Cake and the Peanut Butter Layer Cake. The best part?? Those last two are available on UberEats. You can have your cake and eat it too, in your PJs at home.
- We. Love. Boozy. Brunches. We just can’t express this strongly enough. Luckily for us, Evie’s Disco Diner in Fitzroy are coming out with a brand-spanking new menu, including a $55 bottomless brunch on the weekends. Did we mention the new Philly Cheesesteak Bowl? Yeah, our work here is done.
- This weekend (as in, uh, TOMORROW) Melbourne is putting on a dumpling and dim sim festival. Heaven on earth. There’s even going to be *vegan* dim sims. Shook.
- Alright, you uncultured swines, time to get your butt down to the newest exhibit at the NGV. It's called Japnosime: Japan and the Birth of Modern Art.
- There’s now an event in Fed Square to do what we all do in the privacy of our Uber Eat ice cream tubs—have a bit of a cry.
- Melbourne is getting a lamington buffet, and one of the treats is called a ‘lemington’. That’s all we think we have to say, really.
- Yarra Valley’s famous Rochford Wines (you’ve probably seen it as the background for your friends Insta pics) have just released their new winter menu. And of course, they’ve oh-so-helpfully paired each dish with a suggested glass of wine. Thanks a mill, guys.
- Pop this one in the diary: Alter is joining up with Vinterloper for a very special four-course dinner on 12 July. Call 9533 2342 or visit Alter's website to book your spot.
- It’s Argentinian Independence day this coming Monday, and San Telmo are celebrating with a silverbeet, mushroom and béchamel empanada. Just stick a fork in us.
- We admit: we’re those people in the friend group that froth for trying to make Christmas in July a 'thing', so we made a handy guide on how to do it on the cheap.
- In the wackiest but possibly greatest collaboration *ever* Hanoi Hannah and Lune Croissants are hosting a brunch. Yes, really.
- Need an excuse to hit up The Emerson rooftop this winter? How about bottomless brunch on Saturdays and Sunday for $49. Or a new Express Dining menu on Thursday nights ($10 espresso martinis anyone?) Check their socials for deets.
- We have reservations about this one, mostly because we’re kinda scared sh*tless, but a weird, spooky shipping container experience is coming to the Queen Vic Markets.
- Mark your calendars now because Dogapalooza is officially on for 2018. Tunes and doggos. How could we resist??
Image credit: Annika Kafcaloudis