If you’ve spent the last week living under a giant rock out in the wilderness (we’re guessing that’s most of you guys), you might have missed some things. It’s been another big one in Melbourne: MMW dropped this year’s line-up, a giant Moon sculpture is orbiting into town, and we sat down to chat magpies with Alison Wonderland. Let’s get it on.
Here’s all the news you missed this week in Melbourne.
- So Island Whole Foods in Phillip Island is up for sale. How much? Well nothing...if you win the raffle. Yep, the owner’s pretty much giving the cafe away.
- Good news! The NGV is extending the opening hours for the last few weeks of MoMA. The show’s leaving town on Monday 8 Oct.
- Rockpool announced another ‘Rockpool In Residence’ pop-up next Thursday in Alfred Place. Cheap Rockpool lunches? We’re so there.
- We sat down with international superstar, Alison Wonderland. Turns out she hates bindiis too...
- COMMES des GARCONS and Dr. Martens unleashed a very fancy foot collab.
- Hank Marvin Market just announced their first ever eastside pop-up event. It's a World Food Festival, and it's going down at North Blackburn Shopping Centre from 4–7 October.
- The giant Museum of the Moon sculpture is rocking into Scienceworks in December. Check out these pics...
- Melbourne Music Week dropped its initial line-up (including news of the new festival hub).
- Lamaro Hotel are hosting a special GF Day footy menu (including sweeps and big screens on the day). If you need more Grand Final inspo, check out this list.
- Greener House is chucking another giant indoor plant sale this weekend. Green thumbs, assemble.
- Kisume have just introduced otsumami bites and whisky flights. Hells freaking yeah.
- The Ascot Lot is running a Smokin’ Cans craft beer festival this weekend with the guys from Panhead. Frothy.
Need more inspo this weekend? We tracked down 17 awesome things to do in Melbourne.
Image credit: Devin Avery