It’s been a big week for us Melbourneians—two days over 20 degrees. What is this? Tahiti? Well, while you guys have been getting out there, feelin’ the sun on your skin, you might’ve missed a few things.
Lucky you’ve got us, and we’ve rounded up everything you might’ve missed this week.
- Bar Americano is back with a new take-home bottled cocktail. This is their fifth addition to the ‘hometender’ range. It's called Antica Fashionista, and it's Matt Bax’s take on the classic ‘old-fashioned’.
- Check it guys: the official public launch of the Wellington Street Juddy Roller mural is on THIS SATURDAY. Head down to 240 Wellington Street from 1pm to check out all the action.
- That’s Amore Cheese have created a sister brand, That’s Amore Gelato. You can hook yourself up with some sweet Gelato at the That’s Amore Cheese Retail outlet, located in Thomastown.
- PSA: Navi is extending its hours and launching a new lunch service for the Christmas season. Big big news, considering this place has a 3-month wait list right now. Saturday bookings are open now and weekday lunch bookings will open on 1 November.
- After closing in May 2018 for renovations, Captain Baxter is back and better than ever with a whole new look. Their new menu is pretty legit too. It's themed around food that goes well by the beach. Makes sense.
- This Spring Carnival, The Rooftop at QT is transforming into the unofficial pre and post races bar, with a dedicated Mumm station pouring flutes. Sign me up.
- Josh Grant is bringing back good pub food. His latest venture is Bill’s Bistro, and it's taken over the kitchen at Collingwood's Gasometer Hotel. Have no fear, vegan/veggo friends, there's a focus on animal-free food. Plenty of options for everyone.
- Rice Paper Sister are hosting their final “One Day at Our Sistrs: Chef Series for 2018” this Sunday. Tickets will get you a wonderful feast prepared by Ben Cross and Stephen Moore from Mejekawi, a well-known Bali restaurant.
- Things you should be aware of: Nutella Gnocchi is coming to Melbourne. To celebrate World Pasta Day on October 25th, Carosello in Moonee Ponds is answering all our prayers with the ultimate pasta/chocolate combo.
- To celebrate its 15th birthday, Melbourne pizza institute Ladro has moved into the Grand Hyatt Melbourne. Opening on 18 September, 'Ladro Checks In' features a sweet new Italian menu including the classic wood-fire pizza that put Ladro on the map, along with pasta, risotto and decadent desserts. Bookings are essential.
- Every Thursday and Friday till the end of the year, Beneath Driver Lane will be opening its doors early with a new ‘Express Lunch’. Two courses, with wine or beer and an espresso to finish, enjoy some blues and chill out downstairs. What more could you want?
- Jimmy Grants and Yo-Chi are opening a combined souva/frozen yogurt bar in Ormond in November. Check it out at 570 North Road.
- Whisky lovers, you're gonna want to get down to the new Henry Sugar X Starward whisky dinner on 18 October. It looks fancy as hell.
Image credit: Juddy Roller