Hayfever season has officially hit, and while you shouldn’t mix Telfast with alcohol, I won’t tell anyone if you do. In the meantime, Melbourne keeps trucking on. Here's all the big news you missed this week.
- Ines Wine Bar in Prahran just launched Sunday jazz and grazing sessions. They're kicking off from this weekend. Nice one, Matteo Bruno.
- Big news. PAX is coming to Melbourne on 28 and 29 October at the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre. Tickets are on sale now, and yes you should go full cosplay.
- Capitano in Carlton has a new Bar Manager. It's the legendary Darren Leaney from Dinner by Heston. Like this place could get any more delicious...
- Fendi X Fila just launched a ridiculous new collab capsule, and you're gonna want to check it out. Just...don't look at the price tag.
- The Builders Arms inaugural sausage fest is coming to town. I know, it doesn’t read well, but it's actually a week-long snag celebration. Get down and have a snag from the 22 to 28 October.
- It's nearly here, you guys. As of October 26, you can book a private pool at Reunion Island Pool Club. And the best bit? Easey’s will be flipping burgers at The Kiosk. We suggest you get in quick.
- We got the news that Australia is getting two new streaming services, including one that plays nothing but horror movies. Sweet Jesus...
- Appy Eatery has brought in some exceptional talent, and you’ll want to check out their new Spring menu. Alex Koren (ex-Chin Chin, Ginger Boy) and Ryan Winston (ex-Las Chicas, Merchants Guild, District Brewer) are taking the modern panini bar to new heights.
- The NGV just dropped a huge interior design exhibition in Fed Square. Seriously, these guys put The Block to shame.
- IKA8 opens this Saturday in Footscray and they're bringing you giant squid. IKA8 is fried and grilled squid, as-big-as-your-hand, and the gang will be offering 2 for 1 this weekend for their grand opening.
- There's a new wine delivery crew in town, and the name is Sunday Wine Co. They curate drops from across Australia, and the packaging is a real stunner. They've just launched an exclusive collection with artist Brent Rosenberg too.
Image credit: Superpig