Is it me or do the week’s get shorter leading up to the Christmas season? Maybe I just get more liberal with my weeknight drinking but nevertheless, it’s easy to miss a thing or two. Luckily we’ve got you covered—here’s everything you might’ve missed this week.
- Shout of to my fellow coeliac’ers—Shop 225 Pizzeria recently got accredited by Coeliac Australia. They even do a gluten-free Nutella calzone.
- Kong BBQ and Heroes are teaming up for an epic night of booze, BBQ and karaoke. $50 will get you a BBQ tray on the rooftop of Heroes (meat or vegan), along with a selection of drinks and access to karaoke in the Heroes basement all night. The meat tray looks epic; Bulgogi BBQ chicken wings, smoked pork shoulder, crispy pork belly, Japanese slaw, kimchi, walnut ssamjang, cos lettuce and fried mantou buns. Yep, that’s us.
- Get acquainted with one of Melbourne’s most loved suburbs, Fitzroy. Drinking History Tours has just launched a new Fitzroy tour, and they’re promising to take you to some of the suburbs hidden gems.
- Melbourne Zoo it getting lit after dark with their series of Saturday block parties in November.
- The East Malvern Food & Wine Festival is back. With over 70 stall holders, wines from 20 wineries across the Victorian wine regions and live entertainment, it’s the perfect Sunday sesh.
- Newly opened pasta bar, Pentolina, are celebrating the Christmas season with sharing platters of fresh pasta. The Christmas Feast and Express Christmas Lunch includes the chef’s rotating selection of appetisers, mains, sides and desserts, all designed to share “family-style”.
- Burma Lane is celebrating it’s 5th birthday and hooking you up with 5 chicken wings for $5 (lunchtime only) from the 13th to 15th of November. These bad boys are normally $18, so not only are you making an epic saving but who doesn’t love smokey chicken wings?
- Box Hill Central is celebrating Chinese Singles’ Day by giving away 800kg of lollies. Spend $15 in the Centre and curate yourself a selection of sweets from the pop-up.
- This Saturday, Jimmy Grants are hooking you up with free beers and souvlakis. On a mission to help Ray Smith bring flavour to the Shire of Bland, Goose Island Beer Company & Jimmy Grants are giving you the opportunity to drop into the Richmond store between 2:00 and 5:00pm with a flavour idea and you’ll receive you’ll receive a free Goose Island IPA beer and one of Jimmy Grants new souvlaki’s The Fiery Greek (while stocks last).
- Tokyo Tina has launched 'bingo academy', every Sunday, which is basically a boozy brunch when you can try your hand at some bingo.
- Baby Pizza has launched Baby Aperitivo, and you’re going to want to check it out. These guys are giving us $5 Spritzes, and a special Al Fresco menu every day between 3-6pm. We suggest making a booking.
- If you'd rather stay at home on the couch, we kindly wrapped up every TV show worth streaming this November. You’re welcome.
Image credit: Griffin Simm