We know you’re busy, sometimes in between trying to look busy at work and browsing memes on Instagram you miss the odd bit of amazing news. Well, we’re here to help.
Here’s a round-up of everything you may have missed this week.
- If you haven’t managed to get to Collingwood’s IDES by now, you don’t know what you’re missing out on. Now you have no excuse because until the end of winter they’re setting up a $65 Sample Table every Thursday night. You’ll get 4-courses, and bookings are essential.
- If you’re looking for gelato with a bit more of a caffeine hit, look no further than 400 Gradi. The team have collaborated with Vittoria Coffee on a special tiramisu flavoured gelato. It’s available Sunday 16 July only, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Monash Children’s Hospital.
- Keeping things sweet this Bastille Day (as always) is Bibelot. Bibelot will be reimagining the traditional French eclair and dishing up a Hazelnut and Almond Praline Éclair, a Tropical Éclair, a Chocolate and Cassis Éclair along with a Salted Caramel Éclair. The creations are available for pre-order and in-store from July 14 – 16.
- Feel like a French inspired dish with a Vietnamese twist? Look no further than Uncle on Collins Street. Vietnamese cuisine has been heavily influenced by the French, you can see it in the crusty roll of your favourite banh mi. Uncle will be dishing up a crispy pigs ear banh mi, and French-inspired pho, while Uncle St Kilda will be serving up chicken liver pâté, shitake and cornichon duxelle and rice crackers.
- Did you hear that ice cream doughnuts exist? Unfortunately, they’re available in LA, but surely they’ll appear in Melbourne sometime soon.
- There are so many restaurants that you need to go to in Melbourne, but have you been to these 7 dining institutions that have been doing it for decades?
- Melburnian’s love a good burger, but which are the best ones west of the Maribyrnong? Here’s a good run down on what you should be trying.
- And if you’re looking for something to brighten up your pad, there’s a massive indoor plant warehouse sale happening in Collingwood this weekend. Find all about it here.
- Looking to burn your house deposit? Here are 50 of Melbourne’s best smashed avos.
- Finders Keepers are holding their huge Autumn/Winter market at the Royal Exhibition Building this weekend.
- Not sure what to see at the Melbourne International Film Festival? Here are our top 10 picks on what you should see.
No plans this weekend? Here’s everything else that’s happening this weekend.
Image credit: Bibelot