End of financial year generally means it’s tax time—yuck. But on the brighter side for the gainfully employed, it can also mean it’s bonus time! Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, fingers crossed your employer is feeling particularly generous. The sensible people in your life (Oh heeeey Mum and Dad) would want you to squirrel it away in the bank somewhere, but we’ve come up with a list of far more enjoyable ways to fritter your bonus away.
- Buy all the Nutella doughnuts at +39 Pizzeria and scoff them in one sitting.
- Go all out in glamping style at St Jerome’s — The Hotel, Melbourne CBD.
- Get outta town for a day in the Dandenongs. Want to treat the whole office? Team bonding for the win.
- Treat yourself to some head-to-toe pampering at Miss Fox—they really are the masters of making you feel a million bucks.
- Stuff yourself with cheese at Milk the Cow. All of the cheese. Sit down with friend and enjoy a flight or two of matched cheese and wine and then shop for cheese to take home so that you can gorge yourself again later on. Because, cheese.
- Treat yourself to a KX membership. The good folk at KX Pilates & Barre are super understanding that it can be daunting—there are beginner, intermediate and advanced classes. Your body will thank you. For something new, try KX Cycle.
- Down some froffies at Temple Brewing Co—they’ll let you hire out the room overlooking the brewery for an epic EOFY bash.
- If your employer was feeling particularly generous this EOFY, trot along to Jardan and treat yourself (and your home!) to a new piece of furniture. Think of it as an investment. PS, can I send you my CV?
- Book out New Shanghai and throw a dumpling feast for your whole company.
- Invest in an aspect of your kitchen skills and learn to butcher like a boss with Melbourne’s best butcher, Peter Bouchier. You’ll be whipping up delicious bratwursts, kransky, frankfurts, and the like in no time at all. Yum.
- Go on a burrito and margarita fuelled rampage at Beach Burrito Fitzroy.
- Keep track of time and invest in a limited edition watch from The Fifth.
- Book in for a BBQ throwdown at Newmarket Hotel. On for one day only on the 5th of July, who doesn’t love a meaty Sunday sesh?
- Sit, relax and forget about having to do your tax return at Sunlighten.
- Gather your wolf pack and do a tour of the best margaritas that Melbourne has to offer.
Image credit: The Wolf of Wall Street