This year has been like no other, and school holidays have been appearing out of nowhere.
Whether you're looking to keep the kids entertained before they go back to school in term 4 (at least at some point), then look no further.
These school holidays run from 19 September to 6 October.
Here are some things to do in Melbourne this school holidays.
- NGV | The National Gallery of Victoria has a range of art events, games, and online events for kids to sink their teeth into these school holidays. Check them out here.
- Melbourne Show | The Melbourne Show isn't happening at the Showgrounds this year, but there are a bunch of online activities including farm animal live streams, interviews with show community members, and a showbag hub. More here.
- Science Island | Developed by students and scientists from around the world, including Swinburne's James Marshall. Science Island is a STEM-focussed game for kids. Play it here for free.
- Melbourne Museum | The Museum has a range of puzzles, stories, and ways of exploring the Melbourne Museum's collection online. More here.
- National Institute Of Circus Arts | NICA trainers and professionals have created a series of videos that will teach you how to juggle, balance objects, and more. Check them out here.
- Sea Life Melbourne | Kids can visit Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium via Zoom this school holidays and chat with keepers about the creatures of the deep that reside within. Head here to check it out.
- Learn Engineering With Minecraft | If your kids are obsessed with Minecraft this is the perfect way to couple gaming with some learning activities. Enrol here.
- Swinburne Science Workshops | PrimeSCI is Swinburne's live science workshops that will be live streamed on Zoom this year. Register here.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre | Has a range of live stream building workshops along with a range kits available to help get rid of the boredom these holidays. More here.
For more things happening around Melbourne right now, head to our Things To Do section.
Image credit: Visit Victoria