We’ve ditched the diet and opted for a celebration of what is reserved for Cheat Day, the meals that dreams are made of…well at least beer bellies. Whilst others have been counting calories, we have counted out 50 MORE Epic Fat Feeds Melbourne has to offer.
1. Two Little Pigs in Brunswick – Hot Jam Doughcakes: Double stack with cinnamon muscovado sugar and caramelised bacon ice cream.
2. Easey's in Collingwood – Melbourne Madness Burger: Double beef patty, triple American cheddar, bacon, potato cake, dim sim, jalapenos, pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard.
3. LuxBite in South Yarra – Meringue Monster: Green tea sponge, pistachio, watermelon yoghurt, sour strawberry mousse, and meringue.
4. JD’s Burgers in Kew – Legendary Super Saiyan Burger Challenge: That’s 1.5kgs of burger, peeps!
5. Belle’s Hot Chicken in Fitzroy – Chicken and Waffles: Like it says on the label.
6. The Gem Bar & Dining Room in Collingwood – BBQ Tasting Plate: Chef’s selection of five meats, and five sides.
7. Homer Hudson Mo’ Dough Ice-cream, eaten on your couch: Vanilla ice-cream, toffee sauce, white chocolate cookie dough, white chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate cookie dough.
8. Konopizza in South Yarra – S’mores Pizza: Hot toasted marshmallows and smooth chocolate hazelnut spread in a soft pizza cone.
9. Ascot Food Store in Moonee Ponds – Red Velvet Doughnuts: Everyone’s favourite cake combined with everyone’s favourite baked snack. Perfection.
10. Shortstop Coffee & Donuts in Melbourne CBD – Sticky Date and Gingerbread Donut: Gingerbread cake donut with a sticky date glaze, topped with a delicious spiced crumble.
11. Dude Food Man Food Truck, various locations – Just about anything from this fat feed legend.
12. Chuckle Deli in Melbourne CBD – American Pie: Cranberry blondie with pumpkin pie cheesecake, and molasses cornbread waffle cookie pieces.
13. The Beaufort in Carlton – Cornbread doughnuts with maple and bacon glaze. A seriously good fat feeds and beers option.
14. Burch & Purchese in South Yarra – Milk Chocolate, Pumpkin, Bacon and Maple Dessert: Spiced milk chocolate cream, bacon, pecan & milk crumble, pumpkin cream, pumpkin seed cake, smoked maple jelly, milk chocolate mousse and candied pumpkin seeds.
15. BOY & Co in Malvern – Salty Pimp Shake: Salted caramel thick shake.
16. All Day Donuts in Brunswick – Iced Vovo Donut: Like the biccie, but on crack.
17. Shifty Chevre in Fitzroy. Cheese, cheese and more cheese.
18. Fancy Hanks in Melbourne CBD – ALL of the BBQ Meats.
19. Mr Scruffs in Collingwood – Doughnut Sandwich: Cinnamon doughnut with Tim Tam ice cream.
20. The Gasometer in Collingwood – Mac and triple cheese croquettes with mustard mayo. Did someone say TRIPLE cheese?!
21. The Grand Trailer Park Taverna in Melbourne CBD – The Chunk Double Double: Two premium Aussie beef patties, double American cheddar cheese, caramelised onion, jalapenos, diced gherkins, American mustard and tomato sauce on a lightly toasted brioche bun.
22. Meatmother in Richmond – Meat Tray with Wagyu Brisket and a few extras (mac n cheese, potato and gravy) for good measure.
23. American Doughnut Kitchen at Queen Vic Markets – The 6 Doughnut Deal, all to yourself.
24. Gami in Melbourne CBD – Gami Original Whole Chicken: Whole fried chicken, cut into 17 pieces. Choose from original or flavoured.
25. Wonky Trolley in North Melbourne – The 3051 Burger, which is basically two burgers compacted into one. A double patty, double bacon delight.
26. Tuck Shop Take Away in Caulfield – Redskin Brownie. Yes, really.
27. Doughboys Doughnuts in Melbourne CBD – Peanut Buster: Peanut butter and chocolate filled doughnut with peanut butter glaze.
28. St Kilda Burger Bar – The peanut butter and jelly Ice-cream sandwich, which comes dipped in nuts and peanut brittle. Two, please.
29. 8bit in Footscray – Chilli Cheese Fries: Beer battered fries, chilli beef, cheese sauce, jalapenos, and spring onions.
30. Danger Dogs Food Truck (locations all around Melbourne) – O.G.Double.D: Bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with grilled capsicum, onions, mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard.
31. The Union Club Hotel in Fitzroy – An old classic, the chicken parma. This thing is literally the size of the dinner plate that they serve it on.
32. Rockwell & Sons in Collingwood – Double Patty Smash Burger: Double patty beef burger with Kraft cheese and Special Sauce on a seeded bun.
33. Brother Burger and the Marvellous Brew in Fitzroy – Marshmallow Hard Shake: House-made marshmallow vodka and chocolate milkshake.
34. Acland St Cantina in St Kilda – Whole Mexico City street-style grilled chicken, covered in cumin, orange and oregano. Time to get messy, people.
35. Fat Bob's Bar and Grill in Moorrabbin – Fat Bob: 180g grass-fed beef patty, beetroot, tomato, spanish onion, tasty cheese, bacon, pineapple, egg, cos and tomato sauce burger.
36. N2 Extreme Gelato in Fitzroy – The daily special, such as the recent cheesecake gelato with oreo and marshmallows, oreo fudge, cone and chocolate ganache.
37. Adriano Zumbo Patisserie in South Yarra – 40 Shades of Zumbo: 40 Zumbarons. Gimme.
38. Mr Big Stuff in Melbourne CBD – Chicken & Waffle Open Sandwich: Buttermilk fried chicken, rosemary waffle, cheddar and pickles on a sanga.
40. Frying Colours in Kensington – Spicy Fried Chicken.
41. Shawcross Pizza in Fitzroy – Notorious P.I.G: Pork sausage, bacon, jalapenos, mozzarella, BBQ sauce and onion pizza.
42. Ferdydurke in Melbourne CBD – Lowland Chilli Dog: Frank with habanero black bean chilli, dill pickle relish and cheese sauce.
43. Candied Bakery in Spotswood – Apple Pie Shake: Thickshake full of apple and pastry deliciousness.
45. The Piggery in Sherbrooke – Pistachio Canelé. Yum.
46. The Spotted Mallard in Brunswick – Pork Poutine: Chips topped with pulled pork shoulder, melted parmesan, cheddar and pickled carrot.
47. Po’Boy Quarter in Fitzroy – The Dom: 10 hour braised beef shredded with Cajun gravy, served on fries with Cajun mayo and pickles.
48. Big Huey’s Diner in South Melbourne – The Coney Island Chilli Dog: A smokey BBQ frank topped with Big Tex’s beef and bean chilli, melting cheese and coriander, chilli and fresh lime crema.
49. Parlour Diner in Windsor – The Captain Burger: Beef patty, tomato, lettuce, cheese, pickles, egg, bacon and sweet onions.
50. Laurie Dee’s in Epping – Chilli Chees Fries: Laurie Dee’s fries topped with mild beef chilli, cheese sauce and diced onions.
Image credit: Easey's via Facebook