Christmas is our favourite time of year, but it’s also the time when our credit cards are put into serious overdrive. So, this year we’re taking matters into our own hands and giving our loved ones unique, handmade gifts that won’t break the bank. These Christmas gifts are quick, easy and perfect for those on a budget.
Xmas Protein Balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes 16 balls
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red glacé cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Splash of rum
- Shredded coconut to roll in
- Add all the dry ingredients to a food processor and blend until it’s all combined.
- Add cherries, dates and vanilla extract and process until it comes together.
- Roll into small balls and coat in shredded coconut.
- Place into an airtight container and refrigerate.
Homemade Chalkboard Mugs
What you’ll need:
- White porcelain mugs
- Painter’s tape or duct tape
- Pebeo Porcelain chalkboard black paint (available in art shops or via Amazon)
- White chalk
- Paint brush
- Wash your mugs with soap and dry thoroughly.
- Cover the top or bottom half of your mugs with tape
- Paint the mugs with chalkboard paint. Be sure to wipe away any drips inside of the mug while the paint is wet. Remove the tape.
- Let the mugs sit in a dry place for at least four hours. Once dried preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Bake mugs for about 35 minutes.
- Once the mugs are cool, decorate with chalk till your heart’s content.
Lime & Coconut Body Scrub
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups of Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons vitamin E oil
- 1 lime
- 25 drop of lime oil
- 4 small, airtight glass jars
- Combine Epsom salt, shredded coconut, coconut oil and vitamin E oil in a large bowl.
- Add your lime oil and mix.
- Stir in the zest of one lime for a touch of colour. Mix it all up.
- Portion into small, airtight glass jars and label as you please.