We've got a special treat for you this Good Friday with the first edition of The Feed. Every Friday we'll run down anything you may have missed from the week, from events that you couldn't possibly miss, to new additions to menus around the city—we've got you covered.
- Jimmy Grants have introduced their Spicy Fish Souvlaki just in time for Easter. It's available for a limited time only, so you best head in over Easter to find out what all the fuss is about!
- The legends at Armageddon Cake have introduced us to the Cadbury Creme Egg Cheesecake this week, and the Melbourne team devoured it in about 20 minutes. It's available for 1 day only—tomorrow—they'll be open from 7am until 11pm. It's worth it, trust us.
- If you're still struggling to pick the perfect Easter egg for your partner, mates, or family—then we've certainly got you covered. Check out our wrap up of all the best fancy AF choccies available right here in Melbourne.
- There's a new pizzeria in town looking to shake things up a bit. Six Slices have introduced a thicker, six-sliced, focaccia-like base that's cooked slowly at 300°C and topped with A-Grade ingredients like pancetta-wrapped King Prawns or confit tomatoes and purple potato purée. It's popular in the Italian alps, and we're sure it will be popular right here in Melbourne too.
- Oyster Frenzy is back and sending people into a fair dinkum frenzy as usual. And with all-you-can-eat oysters on offer, we don't blame you. Oyster Frenzy #14 & #15 have already sold out, but tickets are now on sale for Oyster Frenzy #16, but you better get in fast. Get all the info here.
- It's not Easter without Hot Cross Buns, and we've done the research to make sure you're spending your money in the right place. Check out who won our annual Hot Cross Bun Off right here.
- While we're on the subject of Hot Cross Buns, Pidapipo have gone and teamed up with Baker D. Chirico to create a Hot Cross Gelato Bun. Find out all about it here.
- You're going to need to keep fed and caffeinated over the Easter break, find out what's open here, and if you're a bit tight on money this week we've got a list of free things to do right here.
- If you feel like doing something good that's also a bit of fun, can we suggest becoming a foster parent for a marvellous Guide Dog puppy? Get the full rundown on what you'll need to take on the job here.
- Get yourself a bit cultured this month, as NGV brings Van Gogh and the seasons to Melbourne. Check it out here.
- Easter weekend will be your last chance to grab some fish & chips by the bay at Paper Fish until spring. The new local favourite at the Stokehouse Precinct will be closed over the colder months and be back better than ever once the sun returns.
Image credit: Ben Tyers