We know you’re busy, sometimes in between trying to look busy at work and browsing memes on Instagram you miss the odd bit of amazing news. Well, we’re here to help.
Here’s a round-up of everything you may have missed this week.
- St Kilda restaurant Spring & Summer will be giving away free ramen next week to celebrate their first birthday. There’ll be 100 bowls on offer from Thursday 29 August – Sunday 3 September, 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
- Speaking of birthday’s, Nobu celebrates 10 years at Crown and will be paying homage to a decade of outstanding Japanese-fusion by offering up 10 iconic Nobu dishes from the past 10 years, such as Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeño, Beef Tataki with Ponzu and Garlic Chips and the ever popular Black Cod Saikyo Miso. It all kicked off on Thursday 24 August, and will run until Thursday 31 August.
- QT Melbourne have appointed a new executive chef, Andrew Harmer—formerly of Vue de Monde and Albert Park’s The Point—will initially focus on Pascale Bar & Grill and overseeing the food offering at the new hotel.
- Transport Hotel is getting a big old refurb that will cost a few mill and kick off from August 28. The venue will remain open throughout, and will be dishing out Four N’ Twenty pies from the pie warmer while the kitchen gets a spruce up, along with its new purpose built stone pizza oven.
- Sand Hill Road—the crew behind your fave pubs like The Terminus Hotel, Prahran Hotel and The Bridge Hotel—have taken over the reigns to bring The Espy back to life, they’ve also taken ownership of CBD staple the Waterside Hotel. Good to see these pubs will keep on pumping out beers rather than being turned into apartments.
- Bounce Inc. have installed an IRL Ninja Warrior course for you to try your hand at. We gave it a crack and we’re still sore.
- Doughnut Snack Packs now exist in Melbourne. This Ringwood pizzeria decided to turn the beloved HSP into a dessert and apparently there are lines around the block for it.
- We tracked down Melbourne’s best burgers with the help of Burgers Of Melbourne. Given he eats burgers almost every day, we trust him.
- Burgers and Meat Pies have finally come together in an almighty combination of flavours at St Kilda Burger Bar.
Stuck for something to do this weekend? Here are 27 awesome things to do this weekend.
Image credit: STKBB