The weekend is almost here, fam. Halle-freaking-lujah! If you’ve not been able to keep up with this week’s antics, as always, we’ve got your back. It sure was a busy one: new Harry Potter store, Alter Dining packing up, and MECCA just went vegan.
Here’s all the news you missed in Melbourne this week.
- The guys at Kinfolk Café announced plans to open a sister venue, but they need our help. They're calling on the community donate over here. It's for a good cause: 100% of Kinfolk profits go back to their partner charities. So dig deep.
- Crazy dog-obsessed people, rejoice. You can now get a photo of your pooch in a bespoke doggy scout outfit and merit badge. Just try and stop us.
- What’s better than burgers? Free burgers. On August 4, Mt Alexander Rd is welcoming The Pickle and The Patty to the neighbourhood, and they’re giving away FREE burgers to the first 200 customers. BOOYA!
- Prahran steakhouse Angus & Bon just launched an express lunch menu. $30 for a 300g steak, fries salad and a glass of wine? We're so there.
- QV Melbourne are hosting Big Change for Small Change on August 17. All proceeds will go towards the Sponsor A Bed program.
- Melbourne's new Harry Potter store opened for the first time! We went along and checked it out (tough job, we know).
- We waved goodbye to Alter Dining, which closed its doors for the last time. The Commune Group have promised bigger and better things to come this year though. RIP.
- The Grosvenor Hotel are celebrating International Beer Day (lord help us all) with a ‘Hoppy Hour’ this Friday August 3. Get around it.
- Cue all the feels. MECCA just went full vegan, and we couldn't be happier.
- The CafeSmart campaign is kicking off this Friday, and participating coffee shops will be donating $1 from every coffee towards local homeless services. You can find a participating coffee shop in your hood here.
- Bridge Road Brewers made us legitimately excited to drink beer. They just launched a Movida-inspired froth. Sounds flipping amazing.
- Welcome to Thornbury announced that they're chucking a cheese toastie festival this weekend, and our bodies are ready.
- Cue the drool. The guys at Etta just made Sundays a lot less depressing with the launch of Slow Cooked Sundays.
- Our fav Master Chef contestant, Loki (no offence to the others) is spicing things up at The Cricketers’ Curry Night, every Tuesday till August 28.
Watching your wallet but still looking for some fun things to do? We've got you covered, cheapskates.
Image credit: Dog Photog Studios