We’re catapulting into May at full speed. And while you’re pondering HOW it’s almost half-way through the year, we’ve been rounding up all the delicious things that you’ve been missing. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
Here’s all the juicy goss you’ve missed in Melbourne this week.
- Who doesn’t like a free holiday with added wine? Vinomofo and Intrepid Travel are offering a Spanish food and wine adventure for two—including return flights! You even get a wine expert with you on the ground. Enter now, baby.
- Ovolo Hotels are helping you through that breakup with a 'Shoot Cupid' package. Gather your girl gang and indulge with facials, treats, free booze and a comp'd mini bar. Your ex will be a distant memory.
- South Yarra’s Atlas Dining is switching up the menu. This season it's French cuisine and Saturday lunches. You can go for a $75 four-course menu, or seven-courses for $95. Nice.
- Celeb chef Stephanie Alexander has united the greatest chefs in Australia to take part in the inaugural ‘Turning the Tables’ campaign. Basically from 3 – 31 May, Australia’s top restaurants will collect $1 per meal towards the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation. Grossi, Tipo 00, Epocha, Pastuso, Anchovy, Ezard, Geralds Bar and The Lake House are all taking part. Dig deep, guys.
- Tulum is unleashing a new Turkish menu. Check out the flavours of South Eastern Anatolia, with delicious bites like Sogan (Chestnut Mushrooms, Spiced Riced + Stuffed Onions) and Ahtapot (Octopus, Apple Vinegar, Cinnamon and Capsicum).
- Michelin-Starred Rice Bowl for a tenner? Count us in. Rice Workshop and celebrated chef Masahiko Yomoda are creating a limited-edition donburi roast wagyu beef bowl. Get it in-store right now.
- Calling all cheese lovers: Cucinetta is serving their famous parmesan wheel pasta (you heard that right). Rigatoni with cheese and black pepper served straight out of a pecorino cheese wheel…you know where to find us.
- It’s almost Mother’s Day! We’ve rounded up the best 32 (!!!) things to do with your mum to make it extra spesh. With champers, of course.
- If you haven’t heard (or have been living under a rock), both Cher and S Club 3 are coming to Aus!
- The mighty Cobb Lane has closed their cafe, and our hearts are broken. They'll still be rocking the best bombolini in Melbourne wholesale, but their bricks and mortar biz is no more.
- We checked out South Yarra's new pho bar from the legends at Mopho Canteen. It was exceedingly delicious.
- Heads up—Melbourne's massive truffle festival is coming back to town. BYO truffle pig and tweed jacket.
- Want to know where to find Melbourne's best dessert bars? We combed the city to find our favourites (now we just need bigger jeans...)
Image credit: Cucinetta