We’ve all been there. You’re wandering the streets of Melbourne trying to find a feed after the lights have come on and your local has turfed you out.
Everyone has their favourite, be it a souvlaki, pizza or maybe even fried chicken—the last thing you want to end up doing is finding yourself in 7-11 buying a dodgy sausage roll.
So to help guide you into the right decision when you’re a few drinks deep this weekend, here are Melbourne’s best drunk food options.
- You can’t go past a kebab from Lamb On Chapel. Many massive nights on Chapel Street have ended here over the years. If you find yourself elsewhere around town, here are Melbourne’s best souvlaki options.
- A HSP might be just the answer you need when hunger calls in the early hours. Get the low down on Melbourne’s best HSP’s.
- If you’re looking for a place that’s all in one, look no further than Gami Chicken & Beer. You’ve got your chicken, you’ve got your beer. You’re sorted. We’ve done the hard yards already and tracked down Melbourne’s best fried chicken.
- Poutine is no doubt high on your priority list, and Belleville’s is probably the best you’ll find in Melbourne, but Trunk’s chilli cheese fries aren’t too far behind. Load up your plate with Melbourne’s best loaded fries.
- Bars that offer up their own late-night eating options are absolutely heaven sent. Heartbreaker has Connie’s pizza inside the much-loved bar, so you’re sorted for cheesy and meaty goodness. Not much beats a late night slice of pizza, here are Melbourne’s best.
- Food Trucks have the knack of being at the right place at the right time, and at 4am you're more than happy to wait. Here are Melbourne's top 50 food trucks.
And if you're keen to keep on keeping on once you've had a feed, here's our guide to what to do in Melbourne all night long.
Image credit: Jimmy Grants