Every week, we promise ourselves the same thing. This week, I will be cool. I will know what's happening in Melbourne. Spoiler alert: it didn't happen. Melbourne's too big for one brain to absorb.
But, we're here to help. Here's all the foodie goss you miss this week in Melbourne.
- There's a Friends trivia night on next week you guys! It's going down on Wednesday night at The Hophaus in Southgate. Lock your team in here. Could we BE any more excited?
- Tuna classes from a Japanese master? Nice! Learn how to make tuna properly (and perfectly) with a blue-fin tuna masterclass at Kisumé on Flinders Lane.
- Cancel your weekend plans. Welcome To Thornbury are chucking their annual chicken nugget festival this weekend.
- Tetsujin just dropped a new menu and Michelin-starred chef. We’re talking soft shell crab, Nabeyaki udon and 48hr beef short rib with Korean chilli BBQ sauce. Droooool.
- Spending most of your weeknights in bed? We don't blame you. Lucky Good Times Milk Bar is now available on UberEats, including their brand new burger range.
- It’s stay-cation, orrrrr vacation time! Mantra Hotels (and Melb’s Art Series hotels) are doing a 7-day winter sale across their national and international hotels. Get in quick!
- We can always find a good excuse to crack open a cold one. Queen Vic Markets are opening a pop-up Winter Beer Oasis, showcasing a bunch of local breweries.
- BOOZY BRUNCH. Every time we hear of a new one, we just have to share it with you guys. District North have a new bottomless brunch for $35pp. Finish the morning off with a Kahlua hot choccie or Baileys latte. De-lish.
- A pop-up bar—made out of Lego bricks—is coming to Melbourne, and you can get your tickets now. Like, as in, do it right now. These aren’t going to last very long.
- Collins Quarter are introducing Three Quarter Time, a five-course meal paired with Rob Dolan wines and cocktails made with Four Pillars Gin. Save us a seat, please.
- Are you a foodie? Oh wait, its Melbourne, let me rephrase that. Hey, you foodie, come check out the best in the biz talking about all things butcher-y, baking-y and ice cream-y. A triple threat!
- Betty’s Burgers, the custard dessert magicians (oh yeah, they make burgers too) are opening a new store in Windsor. South-siders, it’s time to freak out.
- Unless you’ve been living under a rock, we’re pretty sure you’ve heard of the giant candy museum that’s landed recently in Fitzroy. Well, here’s the best part—WeTeachMe is giving away two free tickets!
- Get some Jim Beam in ya, because the whizzes from Denver and Liely have just released a new bourbon glass.
- Guys, everything’s coming up Milhouse, because The Mill House is hosting a Simpsons Trivia night. Basically, they should just give us the prize now. We haven’t spent every night for the last twenty years watching that show for nothing.
Image credit: Michelle Jarni | Sugar Republic