As we work our way through another week of lockdown in Melbourne, you're probably running out of things to get delivered. Actually, probably not.
Here are the best things you can get delivered to your door in Melbourne right now:
Today, we turn out attention to wine. Specifically, the amazing wine being produced by wineries all around regional Victoria.
"It has been a great opportunity for people to spend time looking into the wineries in their own backyard and it has made a huge difference. Whether visiting a cellar door, looking online or at your local bottle shop, it is a great time to explore some of the great wines being made in Victoria. We are thankful for the support from both old and new customers." said Tom Lightfoot of Lightfoot & Sons in Gippsland.
We can't head out and visit their cellar doors right now, but we can support them by buying their wine—and other amazing produce—and have it delivered straight to our door.
Here are the best Victorian wines you can get delivered to your place.
Daylesford & Macedon Ranges
Curly Flat | Led by Matt Harrop, cool-climate genius who creates some incredible chardonnay and pinot. Buy Curly Flat wines here.
Mount Towrong Vineyard | A small family-owned and operated vineyard. Focus on Italian varietals like vivace, garganega and negroamaro. Buy Mount Towrong wines here.
Musk Lane Wine | Brendan Lane has recently established (mid-2019) an urban winery and wine bar, hidden down a laneway in the heart of Kyneton. Buy Musk Lane wines here.
Hanging Rock Winery | Rob is 5th generation winemakers, descending from both the Ellis family and Tyrrell’s of the Hunter Valley, so they know a thing or two about wine. Buy Hanging Rock wines here.
Geelong & Bellarine
- Provenance Wines | Award-winning 5-Star, Geelong Winery set in a beautiful Industrial Cathedral. Buy Provenance Wines here.
- Shadowfax Wines | Dedicated to creating high quality, handcrafted wines, Shadowfax produces Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir from its high-altitude Little Hampton vineyard. Buy Shadowfax Wines here.
- Jack Rabbit Vineyard | Joining forces like a delicious Voltron, Jack Rabbit Vineyard, Leura Park Estate and Yes Said the Seal have put together the essential wine isolation packs with massive savings. Buy their wines here.
- Lightfoot & Sons| Offers free delivery Australia-wide. Enter the code LIGHTFOOTDELIVERS at the check out to get your wine delivered free. Order here.
- Dirty Three Wines | If you're planning on getting six or more bottles, use the offer code D3Delivers for free delivery. Order Dirty Three Wines here.
- Phillip Island Winery | The winery will give you a 5% discount if you order six to eleven bottles, or 10% off if you order twelve bottles. Order here.
- Best's Wine | Best's three wine ranges each represent a distinctive expression of the Great Western region. Order Best's Wine here.
- Seppelt Wines | Seppelt has been at the forefront of Australian winemaking since 1851. We are renowned for producing elegant table and sparkling wines from an exceptional collection of vineyards. The property has the longest underground cellar in the southern hemisphere and a great tourism offering. Order from Seppelt here.
- Grampians Estate | Grampians Estate has established an iconic reputation for its cool-climate peppery shiraz. Order Grampians Estate wines here.
- Mount Langi Ghiran | The Mount Lang Ghiran vineyard is truly unique, its ‘Old Block’ vineyard producing one of Australia’s most distinctive and distinguished wines, the Langi Shiraz. Order from Mount Langi Ghiran here.
- Heathcote II | Winemakers Peder Rosdal and Lionel Flutto use traditional yet modern winemaking techniques taken from their experiences in Europe and the US. Order from Heathcote II here.
- Sanguine Estate | Sanguine Estate is a family operated boutique vineyard and winery located in Heathcote region of Central Victoria. Order from Sanguine Estate here.
- Sutton Grange | Produces some of Australia's best, most complex and texturally satisfying wines: pale but powerful rosé, minerally viognier and svelte, spicy syrah. Order from Sutton Grange here.
High Country & King Valley
- All Saints Estate | Eliza, Angela and Nicholas Brown are excited by the potential of this treasured corner of North East Victoria and its gnarly old vines. Distinctive, handcrafted table wines including Marsanne, Durif and exciting blends such as Sangiovese Cabernet sit alongside world-renowned fortified. Order from All Saints here.
- Stanton & Killeen | Today the business is owned and managed by mother-daughter team Wendy and Natasha Killeen with a focus on Portuguese varieties, flavoursome Rutherglen red wine and continuing the long tradition of award-winning Muscats, Topaques, Tawnys and Vintage Fortifieds. Order wine from Stanton & Killeen here.
- Pizzini | Pizzini is a family-owned winery in Victoria's King Valley specialising in Italian wine varieties such as Pinot Grigio, Arneis, Prosecco, Sangiovese & Nebbiolo. Order wine from Pizzini here.
- Dal Zotto | Dal Zotto, one of the King Valley's most popular Italian-heritage wineries, won the title of Dark Horse of the Year in the 2020 Halliday Wine Companion. Order from Dal Zotto here.
Wine Yarra Valley brings together the best that the Yarra Valley region has to offer. Wines can be bought individually or as part of a virtual cellar door pack.
- Main Ridge Estate | The Mornington Peninsula's first licensed winery, built on a 44-year heritage of producing benchmark Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Order from Main Ridge Estate here.
- Montalto | Montalto is a family-owned and run estate where produce is grown, shared and celebrated. The home estate of 30 acres under vine is the primary source for their wine range, and the productive kitchen garden and orchards, and 1500 olive trees supply the kitchens. Order from Montalto here.
- Ten Minutes By Tractor | Award-winning, cool-climate wines sourced from six vineyards across the Mornington Peninsula. Order from Ten Minutes By Tractor here.
Want some travel inspiration for when lockdown ends? Here's all you need to explore regional Victoria.
Image credit: Montalto