We know you’re busy, sometimes in between trying to look busy at work and browsing memes on Instagram you miss the odd bit of amazing news. Well, we’re here to help.
Here’s a round-up of everything you may have missed this week.
- Father’s Day is just a couple of days away, here’s what not to get Dad this Father’s Day.
- Supernormal are taking bookings for Father’s Day, so if you haven’t decided yet what you’re doing that’s probably a good option. They’ll even treat the old man to a beer when he turns up. They’ve also got a range of gifts to shout him like sake sets, and beer glasses to take home.
- Speaking of Supernormal, they’ve just announced a new Head Chef. After spending the past 2 years as Executive Chef at Andrea’s in Macau—Ben Pollard will take over the reigns of the 30-strong kitchen shortly.
- Edible cookie dough is the food trend to watch this year, and Melbourne is all over it as you can imagine. Cookie Dough Dream are popping up at at QV from Sept 2 – 5, 10am – 8pm or until sold out. Flavours include Snickers, Oreo, M&M and many more.
- CBD bar Father’s Office is turning 5, and to celebrate for the entire month of September they’re offering their well-known $52 set menu for the bargain price of $42. Get in fast.
- There’s movement at The Atlantic as Donovan Cooke heads off to steer his own ship. Nick Mahlook—formerly of Stokehouse and Stokehouse City—will take over as new Executive Chef in October.
- Dogpalooza is coming back once again, find out all you need to know about the dog-friendly music festival here.
- There’s a competition that has just launched to help name the new Metro Tunnel railway stations, we had a crack here.
- Big Chicken Festival is back once again and we are very, very interested.
- Who knew checking out Almond blossoms was a thing? Here’s everywhere in Victoria you can check them out.
- In very important news we had Burgers Of Melbourne help us out in finding Melbourne's best burgers. Eat them all.
Stuck for something to do this weekend? Here are 35 awesome things to do this weekend.
Image credit: That Burger Joint | Griffin Simm