Our search for the best breakfasts on the Gold Coast has taken us through many a plate of poached eggs and stack of pancakes.
So we’ve put together our pick of 32 of the best breakfasts on the Gold Coast—a monster list of breakfast dishes that have earned a spot in our Sunday routines, or a drive-by takeaway dash on our way to work. Sweet or savoury, fried or scrambled, these are the start-of-the-day meals we roll out of bed for.
Like to think of yourself as a GC breakfast connoisseur? Tell us just how much of a Gold Coast breakfast boss you are! We want to know; how many have you got to go? Count up how many of these iconic Gold Coast breakfasts you’ve had as you move through the list.
Now we’ll have you know, this is in no particular order as that’d be waayyy too hard!
1. Paddock Bakery, Miami—Dippy Eggs, two soft-boiled free-range eggs with buttered sourdough soldiers, bacon bits, parsley, and organic labna; served in a half egg carton. Just like your mum used to make.
2. BSKT, Nobby Beach—Navajo Native Breakfast with house-made beans, fried free-range eggs, avocado, and tomato salsa on native flat bread. Your body will thank you!
3. Burleigh Social, Burleigh Heads—Social Egg Benedict, your choice of bacon, ham, or local smoked salmon, with two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce served on a fresh croissant.
4. Elston, Surfers Paradise—Bacon Trio with crispy bacon, thick-cut bacon, pulled pork, poached eggs, green tomato relish, and sourdough. Oink!
5. Grocer and Grind, Broadbeach Waters—have you devoured their wholefoods Caramelised Banana Crepes served with roasted almonds, coconut flakes, and strawberries?
6. Commune Café, Burleigh Heads—Coriander Corn Fritters, the three fritter stack with avocado salsa and house-made chilli jam.
7. Elk Espresso, Broadbeach—Bacon Potato Hash with two house-made potato rostis, Byron Bay bacon, rocket, and smothered with hollandaise sauce.
8. Bazaar QT Hotel, Surfers Paradise—The Breakfast Buffet, just the most epic breakfast buffet in town with egg station, colourful bircher muesli and yoghurt cups, waffles, pancakes, jam donuts, fresh juices, and so on and so on. O.M.G.
9. Griffith Street Larder, Coolangatta—Smashed Avocado, with feta cheese and poached eggs on sourdough.
10. Barefoot Barista, Palm Beach—fluffy Ricotta Hotcakes served with a generous dollop of mascarpone, strawberry slices, slithered almonds, and roasty toasty nuts.
11. Canteen Kitchen, Burleigh Heads—Cumin Scrambled Eggs, with green harissa and Meredith goat’s feta on sourdough toast (our tip: add the tomatoes). Delish!
12. Monsoon, Paradise Point—The Monsoon breakfast feast with choice of eggs, bacon, sausages, home-made baked beans, hash browns, mushroom, tomato, homemade relish, and toast.
13. Espresso Moto, Palm Beach—the much-loved Espresso Moto Eggs Benedict which speaks for itself. No question, these guys serve up some of the best breakfasts on the Gold Coast!
14. Greenhouse Factory, Kirra – for the vegos, Spinach and Banana Hotcake with vanilla cashew cream, caramelised bananas, topped with toasted nuts and fruits.
15. Social Brew, Burleigh Heads – the faithful Acai Bowl done right with granola, nuts, shredded coconut, and tropical fruit salad of mandarin, kiwi, and strawberries.
16. Dune Café, Palm Beach—the Seasonal Fruit Board, with organic vanilla bean Barambah yoghurt, local Currumbin Valley honey and maple granola.
17. Café DBar, Coolangatta—Okonomiyaki, Japanese pancakes served with Bangalow bacon, shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, shitake mushrooms, edamame peas, wasabi mayo, and Okonomiyaki sauce.
18. Skull and Bones Espresso, Mermaid Beach—the Banger, S&B’s infamous bagel topped with poached eggs, prosciutto, and your choice of relish or BBQ sauce. Extra points if you’ve made it “The Whole Hog” with avocado and mild Swiss cheese!
19. The Sparrow Eating House, Nobby Beach—The Sparrow Feast, a monster breakfast plate piled with poached eggs, smoked Byron bacon, avocado, roasted tomatoes, feta, and relish on sourdough. Have you tackled it?
20. BKRY, Surfers Paradise—Pulled Pork Pie, good at any time of the day.
21. Caffeine Kings, Miami—Eggs Benedict on a Crumpet, with bacon and hollandaise sauce.
22. The Good Wolf, Miami—Bacon and Egg Roll, a good ol’ Aussie fave with bacon, two eggs, baby spinach, tomato, mild chilli jam, and aioli.
23. AnnaKarena Café, Burleigh—Peter the Pumpkin Eater, a gluten-free pumpkin and spinach fritter stack with bacon, fried tomatoes, and eggs.
24. Niche and Co., Kirra—the superfood Peanut Butter Acai Bowl topped with shredded coconut, chopped banana, and peanuts.
25. Tribeca, Chevron Island—Diego’s Cousin Breakfast Tacos with two soft tortillas, scrambled egg, American bacon, smoky sweet BBQ sauce, and aioli.
26. Providore Marina Mirage, Main Beach—Baked Eggs, comprising three baked eggs with cheddar, brie, mozzarella, roasted roma tomato, and garlic focaccia. Fancy!
27. Alfred’s Apartment, Mermaid Beach—Alfred’s Burrito with bacon, egg, tomato relish, aioli, spinach, and cheese. All wrapped up. #hangovercure
28. Paleo Café, Burleigh Heads—Burleigh Big Breakfast with steak, chicken, bacon, two eggs, spinach, tomato, mushroom, and Paleo toast. Now that’s BIG!
29. Blackboard Coffee, Varsity Lakes—French Toast with whipped Nutella mousse (yep, it’s a thing!), toasted hazelnuts, and raspberry.
30. Salt Mill, Currumbin—Acai Bowl topped with coconut and cacao.
31. Paradox Coffee Roasters, Surfers Paradise—Proper Cheese and Toast, a flavour smash with Byron Bay Ham, mustard béchamel, and melted vintage cheddar on sourdough toast.
32. Daark Espresso, Chirn Park—Smashed Avo. ‘Nuff said.
Did we miss your fave among our pick of the best breakfasts on the Gold Coast? Tell us!