Face masks are now mandatory for all Victorians.
For Melburnians, it's old hat, we've been doing it for a while now. But it's new for those in regional Victoria.
Where Can You Buy Face Masks?
You can, stock permitting, get them from chemists, Bunnings Warehouse (click-and-collect), and even major supermarkets. A range of great businesses in Melbourne are now also making masks for you to sport, and they look great.
Here are the best places to buy face masks in Melbourne. And keep in mind that stock levels will fluctuate a lot given current demand, keep an eye out for announcements made on-site.
- Petflair | Cat, dog, budgie, Mexican walking fish. You can now get your pet custom-printed on a face mask thanks to Petflair. Find out more here.
- Christian Kimber | Melbourne fashion designer, Christian Kimber, has designed three different styles of face mask. They're all available for pre-order now. Order your Christian Kimber face mask here.
- Bundarra | Bundarra is a First Nations sportswear label made using prints from authentic Indigenous artwork. They have a number of face masks available in awesome prints, all of which are currently available for pre-order. Each mask comes with two complementary filters. Shop here.
- The Social Studio | The studio produces Australian-made medical scrubs, and are also making medical-grade face masks. They are restocking daily at 9am, order here.
- Second Stitch | Is a not-for-profit organisation that employs women from asylum-seeker and refugee backgrounds, with profits going to help those in need. Buy their masks here.
- Par Moi | Garments made by Par Moi are designed, drafted, cut, and sewn in Melbourne. Check out the range of patterned masks here, more stock coming soon.
- E Nolan | Has a range of patterns available in their face masks. They're made right here in Melbourne and come in two different sizes. Buy them here.
- Sisterworks | Is a not-for-profit helping migrant women to make a living in Victorian. The 100% cotton face masks follow DHHS guidelines. Buy them here.
- Yarli Creative | Masks are made by Yorta Yorta Dja Dja Wurrung and Gamilaroi woman Madison Connors. The masks feature Yarli Creative original Aboriginal artwork. Order them here.
- Pazadz | Designed in Melbourne, these elastic masks come in a range of bright colours. Order them here.
- The Iconic | Has a range of hygiene kits available that include face masks. Plenty of stock available and in a range of colours. Buy them here.
- Bonds | Bonds is creating 100 percent cotton masks with adaptive cooling technologies, sold in packs of three. They've currently sold out, but will be restocking here soon.
- Arsndorf | Melbourne-based sustainable label Arnsdorf is producing masks made from their GOT certified organic cotton fabric offcuts. Manufactured in Australia and sewn in the B-Corp Arnsdorf Atelier in Melbourne, these reusable face masks comprise of three layers of organic cotton, with organic cotton rib binding for personal community use. Check here to shop.
- HoMie | Our favourite Melbourne-based streetwear label slash social enterprise HoMie is bringing the goods with their own face masks. As with any HoMie purchase, 100% of the profits go to homelessness and people in need. These masks aren't available yet but are due to drop in August. Keep an eye out here.
- Kathamndu | Kathmandu has created an antimicrobial Paladin face mask that combines two wool-based technologies that work together to reduce the build-up of moisture and heat. They have currently sold out but you can check for re-stocks here.
- Madame Sustainable | Has a range of masks available including bulk packs. Order here.
- Culture Kings | Has a ton of different face mask styles available. Check out the range here.
- Snooza | Is sending a free face mask with any order delivered in Victoria. The pet goods brand has a range of hand-made masks created in their Cheltenham factory. Order here.
- ST. ALi | The Melbourne coffee giant has created a range of face masks and snoods. Check them out here.
- A.BCH | Currently on back-order, you can pre-order your A.BCH cotton mask and it'll be with you in two weeks. Order here.
- Straker | Has had a ton of orders and is currently closed, but will reopen from 8am Wednesday 12 August. Head here for more information.
- Oski + Lottie | Has a large range of patterned linen face masks that have been designed and made in Melbourne using natural fibres. Order here.
- Mask Jeeves | With an amazing business name, Mask Jeeves makes 3-layered face masks for $20 a pop in awesome fabrics. Check them out here.
- Let's Face It | 3-layered face masks with 2 layers of 100% cotton, and 1 layer of polyester. They ship Australia wide. Order here.
- Contain Design Studio | Eco-friendly double-layered masks that come in a range of different styles. Buy one here.
- Movember | Movember's new face masks are now available on Coles supermarket shelves. Stroll down the aisle now to get one. Read about Movember here.
Keep up to date with the latest lockdown news for Melbourne here.
Image credit: Second Stitch