The weather is heating up and the holidays are well and truly around the corner, offering an abundance of things to see and do in old Sydney town. From the adventurous, to the cultural and culinary happenings—here are 30 of the top things you must experience this summer in Sydney.
So, are you a diehard Sydneysider?
1. Take a walk along the boardwalk and spend the night at The Bar at the End of the Wharf.
2. Catch a flick at the St. George OpenAir Cinema.
3. Head off for lunch in a seaplane—drop in to Jonah's at Whale Beach, Bells at Killcare or Catalina on Rose Bay Wharf.
4. From Photography 101 to candle and macramé making—get stuck into a crafty DIY project at Megan Morton's The School.
5. Get friendly with blue gropers, weedfish, seadragons and wobbegongs, whilst scuba diving at Gordons Bay.
6. Do your weekly shopping at one of Sydney's top fresh food markets.
7. Host an Australia Day BBQ.
8. Test your limits abseiling in the Blue Mountains.
9. Sample Gelato Messina's 40 unique gelato flavours!
10. Hit the waves with Let's Go Surfing at Bondi Beach.
11. Head to the North or South Heads to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
12. Pack your bags, grab your tents, and head down to Kangaroo Valley.
13. Start your day with Yoga by the Sea—head to a yoga class at Bondi Icebergs, Tamarama or Bronte Surf Clubs.
14. Sample craft beer at one of Sydney's top beer gardens.
15. Get your adrenalin pumping at Camp Cove cliff jump.
16. Grab your friends and test your knowledge at Goodgod Small Club's trivia nights.
17. Taste the lip-smacking seafood boil at the House of Crabs.
18. Take the ferry ride from Watsons Bay to Manly. Grab a box of fish and chips and head over to Shelly Beach.
19. Get your green thumbs going with our guide to urban gardening.
20. Make a splash at the newly opened Wet'n'Wild Sydney.
21. Immerse yourself in rock, folk, country, roots, bluegrass and disco at Sydney Festival 2014.
22. Browse through fabulous bric-a-brac, antiques and collectables at the Rotary Club of Carlingford's Bring and Buy Market.
23. Hope on your bikes and take the ride from Wentworth Falls to McMahons Lookout.
24. Indulge in an expertly curated cheese board at one of Sydney's top wine bars.
25. Fly a kite.
26. Learn to bake your own bread with Bourke Street Bakery's Master Baker.
27. Sink into a yellow beach chair with a cocktail in hand at The Island Bar on Cockatoo Island.
28. Climb to the top of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge at twilight.
29. Take a dip at the historic Wylie's Baths, just south of Coogee Beach.
30. Tackle the crowds and snap a bargain at the Boxing Day sales in the CBD.
Image credit: Lifestyle Of The Unemployed