It’s officially summer and life is better already. Longer days, big waves and salty hair are what we’re all about, but there’s nothing we like more than kicking back with an ice-cold Summer Bright Lager after a long hard day of swimming in the sea.
There’s a whole heap of things happening all over the city and it can be hard to know what to do first so we’ve teamed up with Summer Bright Lager to celebrate the first day of summer and bring you this neat list of 20 things you neeeeeed to add to your summer bucket list, ASAP.
You have three months. Go.
- Set up camp at Jervis Bay. We know it’s hot, but you need to do it at least once.
- Chase waterfalls. Wattamolla Falls are our fave.
- Play beach cricket at Curl Curl. It’s not just for kids.
- Eat your weight in mango. Fruit = health.
- Catch a movie at the outdoor cinemas. They’re happening all over Sydney.
- Round up your squad and go barefoot bowling at Clovelly. Talk about a view!
- Have a Sunday sesh every Sunday.
- Watch the sun go down with an ice cold Summer Bright Lager.
- Stay out of the sun and learn a different language.
- Try stand up paddle boarding at Rose Bay.
- Cook up a BBQ storm at the park next Bronte Beach.
- Let loose at a music festival. Lost Paradise is calling.
- Learn to surf at Palm Beach.
- Do a rooftop bar crawl in the CBD.
- Befriend someone with a pool.
- Take on a long AF coastal walk, like the Spit to Manly (it’s seriously long).
- Go on a road trip with your best mate.
- Have a super long, long lunch at North Bondi Fish then watch the sun go down at the grassy knoll.
- Rent a boat on the harbour and live like royalty for the day.
- Spend your whole pay check on oysters and prawns at the Sydney Fish Market.
Editor's note: This article is proudly sponsored by Summer Bright Lager and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Summer Bright Lager