Year upon year, Twilight at Taronga rears its pretty little head for summer and every single year we get excited about it. The outdoor event inside Taronga Zoo never fails to pull a huge crowd and we’re sure that has everything to do with the location (overlooking the harbour and it’s many landmarks), the close proximity to cute animals and the epic line up of local and international talent.
You can re-live the glory days of banging around to The Living End in your living room as a child (guilty) and also your angsty high school years at the Tegan and Sara gig (guilty and not sorry). The eclectic line up means that there’s literally a show for every preference with The Rubens appearing one night and Killing Heidi taking to the stage the very next night. Take a squiz down below to find out the other winners who’ll be making an appearance.
We recommend that you make a day of it, by taking advantage of the bonus day pass to the zoo, so you can cuddle some cute animals, before settling in on their fully licensed lawn with your gourmet picnic hamper and bottle of shiraz. The hamper is a charcuterie dream, with a local selection of cured meats, cheeses, salad, sandwiches and dessert, The most difficult decision you’ll make all night is whether to go for a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, McLaren Vale Shiraz or a South Eastern Australian Sparkling Wine. We know – life is tough.
Tickets for Twilights at Taronga are on sale now and it’ll definitely sell out (it always does), so you should grab your tickets here and you should grab them ASAP.
The Official Line-Up
- Friday 27 January – Peter Garrett & The Alter Egos and Kev Carmody
- Saturday 28 January – Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons and The Sports
- Friday 3 February – The Rubens supported by Bec Sandridge
- Saturday 4 February – Killing Heidi supported by Abbe May
- Friday 10 February – Kasey Chambers supported by Thelma Plum
- Saturday 11 February – Ball Park Music and The Jungle Giants
- Thursday 16 February – Jet with special guests
- Friday 17 February – george supported by Felix Riebl (The Cat Empire) and Jack Carty
- Saturday 18 February – James Morrison Big Band
- Friday 24 February – Björn Again
- Saturday 25 February – Björn Again
- Friday 3 March – Kurt Vile (US) supported by Mick Turner
- Saturday 4 March – The Living End ‘Twangin’ At Twilight’ featuring special guests, supported by Gabriella Cohen
- Thursday 9 March – Tegan And Sara (CAN) with special guests
- Friday 10 March – Teenage Fanclub (UK) supported by The Goon Sax
- Saturday 11 March – Martha Wainwright (CAN) supported by Oh Pep!
To celebrate the return of Twilights at Taronga, we’re giving away the ultimate Twilights gift pack including one double pass to the show of your choice (which also includes a free same day pass to the zoo) and a gourmet hamper to enjoy while you’re there.
This competition is now closed.
Twilight at Taronga will run all throughout summer, kicking off on Friday 27 January, so we’ll all still have something to look forward to after Australia Day. You can buy your tickets here.
Editors note: This article is sponsored by Twilight at Taronga and proudly endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Macley Heriet