Let's face it. Life is expensive and mums are very understanding—so we’re all guilty of a bit of stinginess and re-gifting.
But to deter you from any more shonky gift choices this Mother’s Day, we’re here to let you know 19 things your mother really thinks of your crappy gifts.
I may not be a mother, but I do know how to disappoint them. Here goes…
- Servo flowers. Do you actually know what an episiotomy is, son?
- Foot spa. Great, Kmart must be empty today.
- Box of Cadbury Roses. This totally makes up for you living here rent-free for 29 years. I see you’ve eaten all the peppermint ones.
- Slippers. Hello slippers, nice to see you again. Same time next year?
- Snuggie. This is a bathrobe worn backwards. You were always a disappointment.
- Apron. Oh, I get it. For when I cook for you?
- Breakfast in bed. I see you still have a key to my house.
- Macaroni necklace. This would be cute, if you weren’t 37.
- Cook books. This’ll go great with my apron…
- Nutri Bullet. It harnesses the power of nutrients does it? Did you also buy some magic beans for me?
- Scarf. You don’t know me at all do you? You little shit.
- Picture of you and your siblings. Get over yourself kids. I’d rather have a tasteful nude of Colin Firth.
- Candles. For my romantic night in with the Cadbury Roses.
- Neck massager. No thanks, I have a smaller one of these in my underwear drawer.
- 50 Shades of Grey. This will go great with my “neck massager.”
- World’s best mum mug. For wine. Def good for wine.
- House of Cards DVDs. Can you please come over and set my DVD player up? Technology scares me.
- Wine. Finally one of your thoughtless presents has worked out.
- Hand cream. Oh look! It’s the scarf of cosmetics.
Maybe you should buy your Mum one of these gifts instead?
Image credit: Uproxx