Panache | Image Credit: Louise Coghill
With every new year comes the chance for a fresh start and for many of us that means trying to be a little healthier in our day to day lives. Our waistlines won’t let us get away with eating cronuts and cruffins forever, amiright?
So without further ado, here are 30 of the best clean eats to kick-start 2016.
- With more clean eats on the menu than dirty eats, pick almost anything at Panache and you’ll be just fine. We quite like the chia seed parfait topped with yoghurt, coconut shreds and nuts.
- If you’re in the mood for a healthy burger Solomon’s Cafe have you covered with their bio-dynamic beef burger served on grainless toast with tomato relish, cashewed kale and sauerkraut.
- Get more than your daily dose of greens with Little Bird Cafe’s green brekky bowl Filled to the brim with spinach, snow peas, broccoli, avocado and mushrooms, the bowl is topped with two poached eggs.
- Want to eat healthy but tired of chewing? Head to The Market Juicery for their Creamy Green smoothie—spinach, avo, banana, celery, mango, cucumber, cinnamon and walnuts blended with the milk of your choice. It’s health in a cup.
- When Meat Free Monday rolls around, grab a tasty vegan pattie from the folks at Veggie Mama.
- Addicted to pizza? Quell that addiction with one of the healthy raw pizzas available at Little Shop Of Plenty in Maylands. With a buckwheat, golden flax and veggie base, we like the marinated field muchroom, kale, cashew crème fraiche, lemon thyme and garlic pizza.
- The Wolf The Bean The Walnut have your mid-week clean eats covered with their tasty zucchini pasta served with spinach, cherry tomatoes, basil pesto, rawmesan and pumpkin seeds. Bonus: you can order online!
- Load up on goodness with any one of the veggie curries from The Juicy Beetroot Cafe in Freo.
- Rice paper rolls are our go-to healthy lunch food here at The Urban List and the ones from Roll’d are delicious, especially the BBQ chicken variety.
- Aside from being one of the coolest multi-purpose spaces in Perth, The Raw Kitchen make some mean raw nachos for when those Mexican cravings kick in. Hand-cut corn chips with tomato cucumber salsa, jalapenos, walnut refried beans, guacamole, cashew sour ‘cream’ and chives.
- Order from the Como Shambhala menu at Post and you’ll really be looking after your insides. The spiced pumpkin and chickpea curry with Andean quinoa grains, citrus salad, almonds and raisins is a delight to the tastebuds.
- For healthy food that you feel good about eating for more reasons than one, head to Source Foods, where everything on the menu is sustainable and fresh. We go all love-heart-eyes over the smoked free range chicken salad.
- We’re big fans of the Zoom Burger from Heaven Raw Cafe when we want to be kind to our insides and our tastebuds. Served on dehydrated onion bread with a dehydrated mushroom and veggie patty, cashew cheese, ketchup and salad.
- Fremantle’s Jac and the Bean serve a delicious quinoa breakfast bowl with sunflower, chia and pepita seeds, almonds, banana, strawberry, greek yoghurt and honey when you’re wanting to get your day off to a clean start.
- When it comes to superfood smoothies, The Growers know what’s going on. Grab the Strawberry Fields—a creamy strawberry, avocado, lemon and vanilla creation. Toss in some extra superfoods like acai or goji berries for good measure.
- Feel like a healthy bowl full of superfoods and fruity goodness after your morning dip at the beach? Head to Yelo in Trigg and grab the acai bowl, blended with coconut water and sprinkled with their homemade granola and fresh fruit.
- Friends not in the mood to share some healthy food with you? Keep everyone happy and head to Typika Artisan Roasters and order the Green Scram and Smoked Salmon, while they go all #fatfeed on you.
- All that healthy eating got you wanting a clean treat? Head to Pixel Coffee Brewers in Leederville and order one of their raw cheesecakes.
- Thirsty? Chinta have you covered with their tasty fresh juices. Make Olive happy and order the Popeye’s Choice, packed with kale, spinach, kiwi fruit and apple.
- The coconut cream soaked chia, berry and granola pudding from Henry Saw is all kinds of healthy delicious. Perfect for when you’re craving a healthy snack.
- The herbed smashed avo on Turkish toast by the Woodfired Baker at Flora & Fauna is what our health dreams are made of.
- You know you can trust health food store/cafe Dunn & Walton when it comes to dishing out good-for-you meals. Grab any one of D&W freshly made salads and you’ll be on the right track.
- Another health food store/cafe, we really love the almond buckwheat pancakes from Nature’s Harvest in Cottesloe—served with banana and your choice of three toppings!
- Newbie to 140 in Perth, Bowl’n have got some freaking delicious smoothie bowls. We love the Frosty Boy because it tastes just like a Frosty Fruit. Mango, pineapple, orange, lemon, ginger, turmeric blended up and topped with coconut, blueberries, granola and passionfruit.
- Ice cream craving? Head to May Street Larder in East Freo and grab a bowl of tasty Coco Whip. Top it off with some raw Nutella and you have yourself the perfect healthy dessert!
- Manna Wholefoods and Cafe make some mean salmon patties, but any will do—it’s all tasty!
- The Green Balanced Bowl from The Hardware Store is your go-to dish if you’re trying to be kind to your insides. Poached eggs, mixed greens, sautéed kale, asparagus and mushrooms with pepitas, sesame seeds, sunflower seems and salsa verde.
- If bone elixir is your thing head to Slurp Soup & Salad Bar and order their bone broth—it’s magic for your insides!
- Vegan sushi is a thing and it’s something Aisuru Sushi in Northbridge do very well. Grab their Magic Mushroom Roll—pan fried enoki mushroom and avocado wrapped in nori and shari and topped with sliced button mushroom. Super health.
- If you just can’t do raw pizza Marco’s Organic Pizza in Joondanna is for you. The Gourmet Vegan is probably the healthiest choice, with salsa, roast potato, pumpkin and capsicum, spinach, onion, sundried tomatoes, olives, pineapple and pine nuts.
Still on the self-improvement track? Here are The Best New Apps To Get Your Life In Order In 2016!