If you’re anything like us, then the word free always gets your full and undivided attention (especially when it comes to food). It can be super hard to find fun things to do when you’re running low on funds so we’ve teamed up with the legends at Ola to show you that the best things in life really are free.
Ola is one of the world’s largest ridesharing companies, who have just brought their epic urban mobility service to Australia. The best part? They’re offering two free rides valued at $20 each in your city when you sign up! In case you need some inspiration on where to go in your free ride here are 20 free things to do in Sydney.
- Take a stroll along the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Okay okay, we know this is a total cliché but it's a tourist attraction for a reason. Update your 'gram feed and get bulks likes for zero dollars.
- Do the Bondi to Coogee Walk. This is one of the most beautiful coastlines in the whole wide world and it’s in our own backyard. Time to pound the pavement, people!
- Get cultured at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. FYI: entry to the AGNSW will cost you nothing. Spend your day getting to know local and international artists, or pop by on a Wednesday night for a free film and guided tour.
- Discover ocean pools you didn't know existed. Whether you're based on the north, west, south or east side, there's sure to be plenty of ocean pools you've never even heard of.
- Check out the Royal Botanic Gardens. If immaculately groomed flowers, succulents, trees and tropical greenhouses are your thing, get amongst it at the Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Watch the sunset at North Head Lookout. Settle in for an arvo of enjoying sweeping views of the harbour and keep your eye out for a whale (or two).
- Escape the crowds to Camp Cove and bask in the wave-free waters of the harbour. Don't forget to BYO inflatable.
- Wander through Luna Park. Entry to your fave childhood hangout will cost you zilch but if you fancy a ride you’ll have to fork out 10 big ones. Our advice: use the free ride with Ola to get there so you’ll have some cash to spare. You're welcome.
- Enjoy live music at the Opera Bar every single night. Opera Bar is the perfect place for a mid-week catch up with mates. Your friends will shout you a drink, right? Right.
- Picnic at the Centennial Parklands, all you need is a cute picnic blanket, some cheese, and a bottle of Aldi wine.
- Get a history lesson at The Rocks Discovery Museum. ICYMI, you can take a free tour that will guide you through the last 300 years of Australian history, as well as indigenous artifacts and tales of early colonial characters. Probs a good idea if you never listened at school...(guilty).
- Stroll through the Paddington markets. Smack bang in the middle of Oxford Street, the Paddington markets never get old. With live music and food samples, you won't need to spend a cent.
- Hunt down street art in the inner west. Make your way over to Newtown and spend the day hunting down all the best street art by some of Sydney's best.
- Go adventuring at the Royal National Park, with over 100km of walking tracks through rainforest gullies, windswept cliffs and stunning beaches, you'll be anything but bored. It’s 10 dollars per vehicle, but free on foot, so be sure to use your free rides with Ola to get you to and from the park.
- Act like you're an extra on Home & Away at Palm Beach. Hop in your free Ola ride and head up north, you never know who you might see...
- Go snorkeling at Shelly Beach and make friends with all the cutest sea creatures. Don't forget your goggles.
- Sign up for a free yoga class, Sydney is riddled with them.
- Do go chasing waterfalls. We strongly suggest you make your way through this entire list.
- Suss out Barangaroo, aka the place that gets cooler every week. There's a whole heap going on and we're willing to bet you haven't even been there yet.
- Get buff at Bondi's own Muscle Beach. The outdoor gym is the best place to up your strength game, complete with sweeping views and plenty of people watching.
Okay, there’s no excuse now. Make the most of your free rides with Ola and experience Sydney without breaking the bank. Download the Ola app stat and get those free rides!
Image credit: via Unsplash.