How about a spot of black pudding, kataifi, kicharis or sobrasada alongside your morning espresso to kick start the day? This one is for the weird, wacky and wonderful morning delights that might raise a few eyebrows but will definitely get you into gear for the busy day ahead. Put aside your reservations and give it a go! Who knows, one of these could end up on your list of Sydney's best breakfasts!
1. Fried black pudding & green apple sauté at Panama House.
2. Tapioca with coconut yoghurt, strawberries, lychees and chia seeds at The Incinerator.
3. Corn fritters with avocado salsa, spinach and chili jam at Brioche Bakery.
4. Pumpkin and hazelnut meal bread with zucchini ribbons and smoked salmon at Henley's Wholefoods.
5. Grape Schiacciata at Pioik Bakery.
6. Trout gravlax with ricotta, caper and parsley salad on a baguette at Parc Café.
7. Orange and yoghurt pancakes with berry compote at Three Blue Ducks.
8. Beetroot, asparagus and walnut gazpacho at Little Indi.
9. Semolina porridge with caramelised pear and candied almonds at Fika Swedish Kitchen.
10. Sheep feta, radish, broccoli and pine nut salad at In The Annex.
11. Rosemary roasted grapes with ricotta and fennel infused honey on sourdough at Cornersmith.
12. Epasote poached pear with yoghurt, kiwi couli and dates at Reuben Hills.
13. Oats, quinoa and amaranth porridge with fruits, nuts, agave syrup and turmeric at O Organic Produce Cafe.
14. Kataifi pastry with ricotta, dates, pistachios and orange blossom glaze at Shuk.
15. Croissant French toast with mascarpone, berries, macadamia buckwheat crumble and maple syrup at The Boathouse Palm Beach.
16. Sobrasada on toasted sourdough with apple compote, rocket and rolled egg at 212 Blu.
17. Zucchini and pea fritter with onion, coriander salsa and yoghurt riata at Crate Louise.
18. Gluten-free, dairy-free, yeast-free and sugar-free almond hotcakes with fruit coulis at Aboutlife.
19. Cannellini and kidney beans with sautéed onions and tomatoes on sourdough with peanut butter at Vicinity Dining.
20. Spiced kicharis with lentils, tamarind chutney and minted yoghurt at Egg of the Universe.
21. Winter breakfast soup with ginger, carrots, goats cheese and sourdough toast at The Fern.
22. Braised mushroom and fig puree with beetroot, broccolini, pesto and haloumi on toast at Something for Jess.
23. Scrambled eggs with Japanese sea urchin roe at Chez Dee.
24. Iggy's rye with field mushrooms, Meredith goats cheese, caraway, rocket, roast tomatoes and chili jam at The Bogey Hole Café.
25. Corn griddle cakes and house cured apple smoked maple bacon with chargrilled capsicum chutney at The Rag Land.
Do you have your own weird and wonderful Sydney breakfast spot you think we should try? Let us know!
Image credit: Host The Toast