One of the best things about working at The Urban List is that we get to eat out A LOT. Well, it’s one of the best and worst things. The ever-expanding waistline is always a battle, but we do all this eating because we love you, dear readers, and we want you to know where all the best restaurants in Sydney are.
With so many great food options both new and old in Sydney (and because thinking about delicious meals is fun), we’ve put together this list of the 20 best things we’ve eaten this month.
And in no particular order, here are our favourite meals this month, from some of the best Sydney restaurants:
- Head to Pub Life Kitchen in Ultimo and get your hands on the O.G. Burger. It’s up there with the best ever.
- We’re suckers for dumplings, and the classic pork and chive dumplings from New Shanghai are deeeelicious!
- When in Marrickville, be sure to order the poached eggs, avocado, dukkah on toast for brunch from West Juliett.
- Hello, Sydney cheap eats! The $10 Chicken Schnitzel Tuesdays from Beach Road Hotel gives us a light at the end of the Monday tunnel.
- The burrata and prosciutto pizza at Franco Franco may have only been a special, but we hope it sticks around because it was just. that. good.
- We have a little bit of a crush on Suzie Q’s Breakfast at Epiphanie’s that consists of a poached egg, avocado, olives, marinated chickpeas, house ricotta, and toast with grilled haloumi.
- The salmon ceviche with guacamole and tortilla chips from Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel is made even better by the gorgeous view.
- We don’t want none unless you’ve got Mr Bao’s Buns, hun. Found only at Glebe and Bondi Farmers Markets, pick up the heavenly pork belly bao or the karaage chicken bao.
- The bone marrow with XO sauce from Ester is to die for. And in case you were wondering, Ester is still awesome.
- Do you even seafood? The lobster roll from the newly opened Burger Liquor Lobster at The London would potentially make any non-seafood lovers turn.
- The margherita pizza (cooked in the Neapolitan way) from Candelori’s is pretty much the perfect margherita.
- Civilian’s Hay Valley lamb rump with ratatouille, yoghurt, and pickled cucumber hits the spot.
- We had quite a few bar snacks (and cocktails) at Red Lily but we particularly loved the ban xeo which was a crisp rice flour crepe filled with kaffir lime prawns and coconut, served with fresh herbs. Yum!
- The home made shakshuka from Grandma's Little Bakery is comforting, just like a hug from grandma, herself!
- We’re a little bit in love with the bircher with stewed rhubarb from Marcelle in Potts Point.
- The teriyaki salmon at Wa Japanese never fails to please.
- The avo smash at Lox Stock & Barrel makes us remember why we, as Sydneysiders, are so into this breakfast classic.
- We still have dreams about the 12-hour roast lamb shoulder from The Lodge Bar, in Balmain.
- ‘The Cheesy B’, aka epic cheeseburger, from The Night Hawk Diner food truck not only looks cool, it’s delicious, too.
- Our mouths are watering just remembering the green curry slow-cooked beef with a side of roti from Surry Hills Eating House.
Image credit: Jacqui Turk for Burger Liquor Lobster