Victoria Park and its surrounding ‘burbs have got to be one of the most jam-packed areas in Perth. From top notch cafes and awesome bars to great open spaces, boutiques and markets—you could spend at least a month here exploring all its nooks and crannies.
So, if you’re anything like us, and need a lil’ inspo when it comes to trying new things in our fair city (anyone else eaten the smashed avo at Tiisch three weekends in a row? #nojudgement), take note of our fave things to do in Victoria Park that you most likely haven’t done before. You’re welcome!
- Challenge your mates to a ping pong tournament on the street art-ified tables at one of five parks in the area.
- Get yo’ hair did at one of the many hair salons. Why not try Frankie & Freya Hair Design or Hair Halo?
- Head to Daddy Long Legs on a Sunday between 12 and 8pm for their BBQ special—smoked baby back ribs, corn bread and spicy potato salad for $14!
- Sample all of the craft beers at Dutch Trading Co—they stock over 300 bottles from all over the place.
- Pick up some gifts from The Good Store, In Retrospect and White Lily Home & Gift.
- Buy some freshly baked sourdough bread from Tammy’s Bakery.
- Make a late night expedition to Crow Books (open until 10pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays) and get lost in the stacks.
- Shop up a storm at Ms Demeanour Boutique—we can’t get enough of their accessories.
- Make a beeline for McCallum Park and play basketball under the stars (and bright lights).
- Relax and unwind at Revive Day Spa.
- Celebrate the launch of the weekend at the TGIF Hawkers Market with goodies from Lena Lu, Maison Saint Honore and Shak Shuka.
- Charge up your devices at WA's first Steora solar-powered smart bench across the road from Antz HQ on Albany Highway.
- Get yourself to an event at Vic Park MiniLab quick smart!
- Enjoy a pub feed with your pooch by your side at Broken Hill Hotel, Victoria Park Hotel or Balmoral Hotel.
- Pick up an Urban Gallery map and scope out the masses of marvellous street art in Vic Park.
- If you’re of the vegan persuasion, or just dipping your toe in the water, stop by the Loving Hut, a 100% plant based cafe and vegan mart.
- Cafe hop at Antz Inya Pantz, Sixteen Ounces, The Sparrow’s Nest, Harvest Espresso, Brown Spoon Cafe, and our new fave, Sage Vic Park.
- Eat EVERYTHING at Neho Asian Tapas and Hey Griller, but especially a flaming steak at Hey Griller.
- Dudes—get your lids did at Barbers Lane Barber Shop.
- Order the salmon pepper rice with extra cheese at Pepper Lunch and have zero regrets.
- Have a swing on the flying fox at Rayment Park.
- Get to the Vic Park Markets on a Sunday and stock up on gourmet and organic delights, baked goodies and more.
- Do your best downward dog at hot yoga joint Yoga Tree.
- Drool over the izakaya menu at Kuza Urban Japanese.
- Buy yourself some new wheels at Hi-Way Cycles, then cycle the streets of Vic Park.
Image credit: Louise Coghill and Nancy Hanna
Editor’s note: This article is proudly supported by Town of Victoria Park and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.