Image credit: Sally O'Neil
You love carrot cake, and you love breakfast. There’s only one thing for it…
Creamy, crunchy, chewy and sweet, this recipe packs a nutritional punch to keep you fuelled throughout the morning. Prepared in a matter of minutes, this Carrot Cake Oatmeal is loaded with heart-healthy walnuts, whole grains, sweet carrot & cinnamon for the perfect start to the day.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp Natvia (stevia) or rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1-2 egg whites (optional*)
- In a small pan over a medium heat, bring the water to a boil and add oats.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir for 3-4 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add egg whites if using, and whisk quickly until thick and creamy.
- Add sweetener of choice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt, and whist again until combined.
- Stir through carrot and raisins, then top with chopped walnuts and enjoy.
*Omit egg whites if vegan. Substiute with a tablespoon plain pea or rice protein if desired.