At The Urban List, we are the ultimate fans of ‘so-wrong-it’s-right’ food culture—freaky food combos are what we live for! And surely, even the most refined of the fooderati loves spoiling themselves with a spot of culinary bastardisation that involves an inhumane amount of at least one spreadable condiment?
We’ve asked our foodie mates to tip-off their fave weird food combos that they’d 100% back to the death. And remember, there’s no right and no wrong, only pure shameless flavour indulgence.
- Boiled Eggs With Vegemite: Do you hard boil the egg? Is the egg still warm? Do you mix the Vegemite into the yoke? The mind boggles.
- Sliced Avo With Vegemite… Or smashed together if you’re a real food pervert.
- Salt & Vinegar Chips With Vegemite: The perfect dipping combo.
- Salt & Vinegar Chips With Vegemite In A Sandwich: Extra carbs = Always winning.
- Bread, Vegemite & Saladas With Honey: Like a bruschetta that’s absolutely nothing like a bruschetta.
- …Basically Anything With Vegemite: Yeah, you’d put it on your Cornflakes if we let you, wouldn’t ya? Mmmmm, yeasty.
- Sliced Apple With Peanut Butter: Um, like a ‘healthy’ snack?
- Nutella With Peanut Butter: Quote unquote, “I sometimes get two teaspoons—one for peanut butter and one for Nutella—and go one for one.”
- Salt & Vinegar Chips With Peanut Butter… #fatfridays
- A Burger With Peanut Butter: Are bacon, pickles, mayo, mac’n’cheese, fried chicken, beetroot and cheese not enough?!
- Spicy Salami & Peanut Butter In A Sandwich: Like hot nuts in sandwich form.
- Basically Anything With Peanut Butter: One condiment to rule them all.
- Dill Pickles With Kewpie Mayo: I guess one man’s Kewpie-dipped pickle is another man’s Vegemite egg.
- Strawberries Wrapped In Dates: Put this in an avocado and you’ve got a bona fide fruit turducken.
- Mars Bar & Apple Sandwiches: Now *that’s* a balanced diet.
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Dipped In Tzatziki: Yoghurt and salt, ick.
- M&Ms With Salted Chips: The bogan’s equivalent to Lindt sea salt dark chocolate?
- White Toast, Nutella & Sea Salt: The #carbloading bogan’s equivalent to Lindt sea salt dark chocolate.
- A Macca’s Cheeseburger dipped in sweet and sour sauce: ‘I love eating fusion,’ she said.
- Macca’s Chips Dipped In Chocolate Thickshake: Just don’t let them get soggy.
- Vanilla Ice Cream With BBQ Sauce: And you thought it was chocolate syrup…
- Sourdough dipped in Sriracha and Hoisin Sauce: Sweet, spice and sourdough. Perfection.
- Sweet hotcakes with Sriracha: Feel like a fiery brekkie, anyone?
- Jalapeños & Mayo: Just spoonfuls of both. Is your stomach cramping yet?
- Carbonara With Black Pepper & Maple Syrup: Hold the parmesan, but pass the syrup.
- Tuna & Mayo With Glazed Doughnuts: In the hole? On top of the glaze? Seriously, HOW did they discover this one?!
- Oreos Wrapped In Cheese Slices: All of the fake food products in one tasty mouthful.
Image credit: The Urban List