One month ago we set out to find the best barista, waiter, and cocktail maker in Brisbane, purely nominated and voted for by you, our readers.
We asked you to nominate the barista who always remembers your coffee order, the waiter who remembers how you like your eggs, and the cocktail maker who mixes your Long Island iced teas as if this drink is his last.
Two weeks in and we had received close to 1000 nominations for 167 staff members, across 122 Brisbane businesses. And, after two weeks of voting, we've received nearly 3500 votes for the winners!
It was great to see everyone get behind their favourites and voting multiple times. But as we all know, their can only be one winner in each category… And the winners are…
Congratulations to the winners and to everyone who was nominated for an award. Each winner will receive a Lavazza coffee machine, and their business will receive a $2000 advertising package on TheUrbanList.com. For a Top 10 List for each category, take a peek below, and maybe go and test out their skills for yourself!
1. Ryan Goody - The Gresham
2. Tash - Tailor Made Espresso
3. Danny Andrade - Blue Sky Coffee
4. Tiff Teo - Dramanti
5. Tallulah (the blonde girl) - Pearl Cafe
6. Brigita Dawson - Cool Beans & Baguettes
7. Annabel Hill- Chester Street Bakery
8. Nick – Blue Poppy
9. Sacha - U & I Espresso
10.Bel - Laced Espresso
1. Young skinny Bearded Guy (Pat) - Pablo
2. Christiano - Alfredo's Pizzeria
3. Czahn Armstrong - Libertine
4. (Primal) Pete Harrison - Primal Pantry
5. Michael Newbury - Urbane
6. Chris - Libertine
7. Persephone - Alfred & Constance
8. Dylan Wilsher - Bacchus
9. Hannah - Kettle & Tin
10. Brad Death – Stokehouse
1. Matthew Portillo - Alfred & Constance
2. Anthony Cashman - Press Club
3. Hugh Taylor - Sling Lounge
4. The bearded man - Scratch
5. Rinna Kato - Public
6. Dave Marshall - Lefty's Old Time Music Hall
7. Dan Lee - Laruche
8. John Highton - Bacchus
9. Elle Tizzard - Lychee Lounge
10. Brad Death - Stokehouse
A big congrats to all the amazing nominees! But the winning doesn't stop there.
Each vote for your favourite barista, waiter, and cocktail maker, automatically gave you entry into a draw to win a fabulous mid-week escape to Spicer's Hidden Vale, including a nights accommodation, gourmet breakfast and a 3-course dinner for two at Cotton's restaurant. From 3500 votes, there can only be one winner of this great prize: