It is that time of year: christmas parties and soirées aplenty. We went behind the scenes with the stylish ladies from white+white weddings at their Christmas lunch to see what table styling they were loving this year, and collected some great tips along the way to get you through your own Xmas celebrations.
white + white celebrated their festive season with a ladies lunch at The Servery at Pearl Cafe. The style white+white went for this year was inspired by Vogue Entertainment and Travel's 35th edition. They wanted the table to be ornate and decadent yet urban to fit with Pearl's eclectic look. The distressed walls and stainless steel table worked perfectly with the vintage blue and white plates they sourced from Traveling Wares and the delicate Hydrangea florals from Bouquet Boutique. The raw linen touches matched with the crystal glassware, glass charger plates and vintage dinnerware from Little Grey Station complimented the setting perfectly. Each guest received their own letter pressed menu thanks to the local stationer Little Peach Co. and a beautiful place card hand written by Kristy at One Day House.
Last but certainly not least. No festive celebration is complete without great food and wine. The food definitely didn't disappoint. Olives, breads, prawns, glazed ham and veggies finished with some sweet cherries, meringue and coconut was the perfect fusion of sweet and savoury. Delish!
11 Table Decorating Tips
1. We asked white+white for thier hot table decorating tips for Christmas. Follow these steps for a gorgeous table setting.
2. Match the table with your sourroundings. It will look more visually appealing and alot less fussy around with sourcing style items. Why not grab some fresh fruit and veggies from the kitchen to spice up your table setting, A bowl of plums or apples really brings a table to life.
3. Every thing doesn't have to be matchy matchy. Elecetic and mix matched is very in right now and also alot less cost effective. Second hand shops area a great source for picking up bits and pieces for your table.
4. Make your guest feel special with their very own place card. Perhaps right a special message on the back which they can cherish.
5. Celebrate the food with a menu. Get your guests feeling excited by displaying the food on a chalkboard and/or mirror or maybe design and print out their very own personalised one.
6. You don't need to stick to the traditional chrissy colours why not dare to be different and have chevron yellow or fushia pink xmas this year?
7. Feasting is a popular style of food, and is easier to prepare and serve. It is also a great way to fill the table and get the conversation started.
8. Christmas is all about having fun and celebrating with family and friends. Why not crack some bon bons, tell a few bad jokes and wear a festive crown.
9. Music is important too. Make a special Christmas playlist with all your favourites and don't forget to include some Buble and Mariah carols. They are sure ways to get you into the Christmas mood.
10. Christmas only comes around once a year, why not make an occasion of it. Grab a pretty outfit and slap on a bright lippy. And oh dont forget the brows...the Brow Bar at New Farm can get you primed for the day.
11. Capture the special moments with a polaroid camera. Guests can leave with some great memories they can keep forever.
Image Credits: Anthony Merat