Monopoly is no longer just a game of far flung dream destinations, like Springfield and um, London… it’s coming to Brisbane! Dust off your top hats people, and get your dice out.
First things first though, the big wigs in charge want to hear us Brisbane dwelling genius’ thoughts on what to include on the board.
So what should be on the board? If you ask us, it’s all about the delicious noms and of course, the Brisbane sights…Here’s our picks for the Brisvegas Monopoly board’s locations and chance cards:
- James Street – epic eats and wallet-drainingly beautiful fashion? Check!
- A chance card involving a super cell that means you need to cough up your life savings to fix all the hail damage.
- Ben’sBurgers – you know how we feel about a good burger, and Ben’s nails it every time.
- A chance card that informs you ‘an ibis nicked your lunch at Southbank. Pay $50 for your new lunch’.
- South Bank – Fish Lane, the big wheel thing, Mister Fitz, The Yiros Shop… the list goes on.
- You need to cough up $100 when you forget to pay your tolls.
- Queen Street Mall’s Hungry Jacks. As Brisbane’s Mayfair?
- New Farm Park (with takeaway Becco pizza – obvi).
- You dropped your phone at Fridays, pay $200 to fix your screen.
- Sunnybank – for all the delicious food!
But, most importantly, will Southside or Northside reign supreme on the board?